Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Ya know, I was writing a long response to all the dumb in this thread but you can't fix stupid, so I decided to delete it.

All I will say is this - - ND is not covering anything up. There is a little thing called University Privacy Laws that applies to all students. The only people who could disclose the findings of the report the investigators submitted are the Te'o family.

So, how many people will apologize in this thread when the actual facts come out?
    On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
    University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

The response from ND is supporting Te'o's explanation. Regardless of if any findings ever come out of this investigation, I'm seeing ND looking complicit and more than glad to perpetuate this myth that their player had created. I'm not sure what critics would be apologizing for. Their response is just as disturbing as getting caught up in the web of lies themselves. Now, because they want to hide behind "we're investigating," and you want to hide behind "this investigation will find ND is blameless here, but we won't know unless Te'o gives permission" folks should be preparing their apologies? Seriously, this story is currently spun by the apparent liars as "internet relationship" when there are clearly reports of face to face meetings. A 3rd grader could follow the logic there and blow up that excuse.

Delusion begets delusion in the ND world apparently.
    Last edited by traderumor; 01-17-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?