Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

He may have been duped at first, but his later actions were purely for attention and sympathy. Why else would he continue to tell the same story in national interviews, even long after he knew she didn't exist?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dude's got a credibility problem, that's for sure

Anybody think ESPN sits on this story for 10 days if it is an Ohio State player?

I hope/think people need to let him be at this point.

I hate Notre Dame as much as anyone, but the kid is 21 and IMO has faced enough heartbreak and humiliation as is. At worst he was a part of a hoax (which I doubt) and even at best, he is guilty of embellishment and some sort of cover up (probably out of embarrassment more than anything). Either way however, I start to worry that this could end very badly if the scrutiny, criticism and ridicule continues at this pace.

He is 21 years old, and didn't physically hurt or steal from anyone, nor did he break the law. He has been completely humiliated. Let it be.

(That said, some of the one liners that have come out of this are priceless).
    Go BLUE!!!

11 pages of posts on this dopey story?? Confirms what I've been feeling for awhile- this country is turning into a bunch of yentas and old women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    11 pages of posts on this dopey story?? Confirms what I've been feeling for awhile- this country is turning into a bunch of yentas and old women.
    As a poster in this thread, which are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    As a poster in this thread, which are you?

An old man--- and one who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Well, if we're a country of old women, I guess it's good to be a geezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, if we're a country of old women, I guess it's good to be a geezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-20-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I hope/think people need to let him be at this point.

I hate Notre Dame as much as anyone, but the kid is 21 and IMO has faced enough heartbreak and humiliation as is. At worst he was a part of a hoax (which I doubt) and even at best, he is guilty of embellishment and some sort of cover up (probably out of embarrassment more than anything). Either way however, I start to worry that this could end very badly if the scrutiny, criticism and ridicule continues at this pace.

He is 21 years old, and didn't physically hurt or steal from anyone, nor did he break the law. He has been completely humiliated. Let it be.

(That said, some of the one liners that have come out of this are priceless).
    I'm not sure I understand your thinking. It's not OK to ridicule him for doing this but it was OK to weep and moan and feel sorry for him when all this fake dead girlfriend nonsense went down and he - and ND - used it for publicity. It would be one thing if this all went down in private but when you use it to tug at the heartstrings of the general public, then he - and ND - deserves as much ridicule they can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your thinking. It's not OK to ridicule him for doing this but it was OK to weep and moan and feel sorry for him when all this fake dead girlfriend nonsense went down and he - and ND - used it for publicity. It would be one thing if this all went down in private but when you use it to tug at the heartstrings of the general public, then he - and ND - deserves as much ridicule they can get.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    First off, if he was in on the hoax then I agree completely.

However, if he wasn't, I'm saying it's still OK to ridicule the situation a bit (I've been ridiculing it all week). I'm just saying, at a certain point - if he was duped himself - people have to let it be. The guy has been humiliated and perhaps even heartbroken. Kind of like with bullying, when does it end? Make a few jokes at his expense. Talk about the bizarre nature of the situation. Then let it go. Do you want to push him to suicide?

Notre Dame, on the other hand, is not a person. They are an institution (and one I happen to dislike), so they can continue to get ridiculed all day for all I care. In fact, I enjoy it.
    Go BLUE!!!

Not sure if this belongs on this thread or the NHL thread.

I heard Teo was spotted with Anthony Michael Hall cruising the Greater Niagara Falls area for his next fake girlfriend.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?