Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Somebody is going to get a steal in next NFL draft and if I had to bet it will be the Patriots or Titans. Kid can play football the rest is all bull.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 01-21-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I heard there weren't even any skidmarks, but someone was heard saying "wow, that was some speedbump."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    First off, if he was in on the hoax then I agree completely.

However, if he wasn't, I'm saying it's still OK to ridicule the situation a bit (I've been ridiculing it all week). I'm just saying, at a certain point - if he was duped himself - people have to let it be. The guy has been humiliated and perhaps even heartbroken. Kind of like with bullying, when does it end? Make a few jokes at his expense. Talk about the bizarre nature of the situation. Then let it go. Do you want to push him to suicide?

Notre Dame, on the other hand, is not a person. They are an institution (and one I happen to dislike), so they can continue to get ridiculed all day for all I care. In fact, I enjoy it.
    If he was really hoaxed on this for three years, never going to the funeral, never skyping her or even meeting her then he is one weird dude and that's significant when considering him for the MIKE position on a football field, let alone a 1st rd draftpick

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If he was really hoaxed on this for three years, never going to the funeral, never skyping her or even meeting her then he is one weird dude and that's significant when considering him for the MIKE position on a football field, let alone a 1st rd draftpick
    He obviously isn't telling the truth. Since he didn't tell the truth in the first place, now he has to keep making stuff up. Now it won't die. Classic PR blunder. ND must be using the same PR firm that handled the priest abuse scandal--deny, deny, deny. Te'o was quoted "Whatever they said, I didn't do it!" Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    He obviously isn't telling the truth. Since he didn't tell the truth in the first place, now he has to keep making stuff up. Now it won't die. Classic PR blunder. ND must be using the same PR firm that handled the priest abuse scandal--deny, deny, deny. Te'o was quoted "Whatever they said, I didn't do it!" Pathetic.
    I'm not ready to go that far. Can you show me any quote from someone who knew him that said that he was "in on it"? I'm still waiting on that before I go as far as you have. For now I take him at his word and at that he's one strange dude

You guys are very cynical and I don't like it. She was so close to getting her web cam working. The phrase "Ti, honey, I can see you. Can you see me?" Broke Te'o's heart for 3 years. "No, babe, I can't see you...still."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm not ready to go that far. Can you show me any quote from someone who knew him that said that he was "in on it"? I'm still waiting on that before I go as far as you have. For now I take him at his word and at that he's one strange dude
    What word? Which story?

Prior to the denial, the story included face to face contact, including meeting at a real football game, real trips to Hawaii (which his dad claimed, so he's in on it too). Now it was a long distance internet only hoax, never actually met her, and now ND is getting pulled into a web of lies. Seriously, this one isn't even hard.

The motive is fame and seeking recognition, doing whatever it takes to win the Heisman and make it to the NC game.

For a Level Playing Field

Take a lie detector test Te'o and prove to all the skeptics that you were fooled (and dumb). Make sure the ones that administer the test are a non-biased outfit (not ND grads).

Sounds simple to me. But I think we all know that will never happen. Just like Lance and Pete not doing the same (prior to admitting THE TRUTH).

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What word? Which story?

Prior to the denial, the story included face to face contact, including meeting at a real football game, real trips to Hawaii (which his dad claimed, so he's in on it too). Now it was a long distance internet only hoax, never actually met her, and now ND is getting pulled into a web of lies. Seriously, this one isn't even hard.

The motive is fame and seeking recognition, doing whatever it takes to win the Heisman and make it to the NC game.
    I'm just saying I haven't seen all this. I haven't seen a smoking gun yet where they caught him in a lie. My gut tells me he can't be that stupid but I do want that smoking gun

I'm just saying I haven't seen all this. I haven't seen a smoking gun yet where they caught him in a lie. My gut tells me he can't be that stupid but I do want that smoking gun
    I was thinking about this the other day. Lets assume that what Manti is saying is true, that he was a victim of a hoax. The domino's have to fall in such a manner that they become unbelievable.

According to Manti they met after the ND Stanford game something to do with "soulful eyes." If you think about it logistically, they would need to place the girl in the exact right position in the stadium, with the exact right timing to catch Manti's attention. Then they would have to exchange phone numbers and start a relationship. Anyone who has ever done that with a girl in college knows the difficulties involved. The "hoaxers" would have had the greatest plant in all of "hoax" history.

Here is the thing I can't wrap my head around. My 85 year old grandma knows little to nothing about technology but can facetime. My in-laws frequently use skype, they used skype 3 years ago to communicate with my sister-in-law who was adopting a child in China. Skype is $20 for a web cam and then free after that. Why in the world would you carry on a long distance relationship and not use the technology at your fingertips to communicate while viewing each other?

Then you his father reporting that the two met in Hawaii, but Manti saying he lied to his father because of embarrassment. First of all if the love of your life is flying into Hawaii wouldn't you pick her up at the airport? Wouldn't you be pissed if she traveled to Hawaii and didn't see you? Wouldn't that raise an alarm?

If Manti's story is true then in the Webster Dictionary his name should be listed as the definition of gullible.

Haven't seen all what? It's a part of the original feel good story. You can't see it because its all phony, but the story is on video and in print. I'm not following what you're wanting to "see."

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. Lets assume that what Manti is saying is true, that he was a victim of a hoax. The domino's have to fall in such a manner that they become unbelievable.

According to Manti they met after the ND Stanford game something to do with "soulful eyes." If you think about it logistically, they would need to place the girl in the exact right position in the stadium, with the exact right timing to catch Manti's attention. Then they would have to exchange phone numbers and start a relationship. Anyone who has ever done that with a girl in college knows the difficulties involved. The "hoaxers" would have had the greatest plant in all of "hoax" history.

Here is the thing I can't wrap my head around. My 85 year old grandma knows little to nothing about technology but can facetime. My in-laws frequently use skype, they used skype 3 years ago to communicate with my sister-in-law who was adopting a child in China. Skype is $20 for a web cam and then free after that. Why in the world would you carry on a long distance relationship and not use the technology at your fingertips to communicate while viewing each other?

Then you his father reporting that the two met in Hawaii, but Manti saying he lied to his father because of embarrassment. First of all if the love of your life is flying into Hawaii wouldn't you pick her up at the airport? Wouldn't you be pissed if she traveled to Hawaii and didn't see you? Wouldn't that raise an alarm?

If Manti's story is true then in the Webster Dictionary his name should be listed as the definition of gullible.
    I have some vague idea of what facetime is. Same with Skype. Couldn't do either to save my own life if I had to.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I have some vague idea of what facetime is. Same with Skype. Couldn't do either to save my own life if I had to.
    If you had a "girlfriend" 2000 miles away, I'm confident you'd be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you had a "girlfriend" 2000 miles away, I'm confident you'd be able to figure it out.
    Very good point.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Especially one being used as a motivational tool by her "death." All I see in those biting on the hoax story is irony.

Turn Off Ads?