Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

I heard some of the so called voice males. I'm not going to lie, it did sound like a chick. I can at least see where someone wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just a reminder that a falsetto phone voice does nothing to explain the soulful eyes meeting and exchange of phone numbers part of the story documented in the South Bend paper article from 10/12/12.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Just a reminder that a falsetto phone voice does nothing to explain the soulful eyes meeting and exchange of phone numbers part of the story documented in the South Bend paper article from 10/12/12.
    Has the writer of that article had any comment since this story broke? I'd sure like to know where he got those stories from

It was a Real Doll dressed up in a USC sweatshirt.

Look at those soulful eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    It was a Real Doll dressed up in a USC sweatshirt.

Look at those soulful eyes...
    Wow, I can't believe you're letting us see part of your personal collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Hoaxed Linebacker Manti Te'o Now Dating 'Scarlett Johansson's Head On Jenny McCarthy's Body
    http://www.theonion.com/video/hoaxed...lett-jo,31000/

Think there's any chance here that Te'o was actually in a relationship with Tuiasosopo and the whole "Lennay Kekua" thing was something they came up with to cover their relationship up?

It would explain why they were talking on the phone all that time...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I heard some of the so called voice males. I'm not going to lie, it did sound like a chick. I can at least see where someone wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

On a related note, Whoever he has doing PR for him is giving him his money's worth. It seems to me that people believe he was duped and only lied out of embarrassment. It doesn't seem like many people believe he was in it from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

On a related note, Whoever he has doing PR for him is giving him his money's worth. It seems to me that people believe he was duped and only lied out of embarrassment. It doesn't seem like many people believe he was in it from the start.
    I'm pretty shocked that most people I run into believe he was duped.

You just have to ignore a lot stuff to but his story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

So, apparently the voice sounds like a real girl because it is one, another Tuiasosopo cousin named Tino.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

His new story doesn't add up with the old story. Yet, the old story was used for his and ND's benefit. But no one is retracting or correcting the facts. It is just a new story--I was the victim of an internet and telephone hoax--but there were physical contact accounts in the original story. His PR person isn't real smart if he thinks that no one will detect and make a story of the inconsistencies. For example, I would think deadspin would do a follow up once Te'o stops talking. Which is what a good PR firm would have done in the first place--advise him to tell the truth, tell the whole truth, and tell it first. He and ND made the classic PR blunders of doing the exact opposite--sit on the scandal, let the press report their version of the facts, then lie to cover up the truth. Bad, bad PR advice. Now, its just a media quagmire. He better make an appointment with Tiger and his advisors about reputation recovery 101.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Remember, its not a lie if YOU believe it.

Exactly, which is why my first act as President of the United States was to name Lennay Kekua as director of the CIA.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

For a Level Playing Field

Darn straight...

His new story doesn't add up with the old story. Yet, the old story was used for his and ND's benefit. But no one is retracting or correcting the facts. It is just a new story--I was the victim of an internet and telephone hoax--but there were physical contact accounts in the original story. His PR person isn't real smart if he thinks that no one will detect and make a story of the inconsistencies. For example, I would think deadspin would do a follow up once Te'o stops talking. Which is what a good PR firm would have done in the first place--advise him to tell the truth, tell the whole truth, and tell it first. He and ND made the classic PR blunders of doing the exact opposite--sit on the scandal, let the press report their version of the facts, then lie to cover up the truth. Bad, bad PR advice. Now, its just a media quagmire. He better make an appointment with Tiger and his advisors about reputation recovery 101.
    Maybe, but I bet(and the PR people are obviously betting) that people will simply run out of interest in the story and any corrections will essentially be swept under the rug with a shrug.

We heard the initial story which had a huge audience interested, then we heard that story was a lie, which was a huge story, then we heard what the "truth behind the lie" was, and there was a smaller audience. Now the "truth behind the lie that they said was the truth?" At a certain point people stop caring.

Manti's running a four corner offense on his 15 minutes of "infamy."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?