Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

If any of what they say is true, then I can understand why they'd not want to make a media circus out of it. On the other hand, you'd have to be absurdly naive to believe that Notre Dame wold have come out with this of their own accord.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Can't you just imagine a Notre Dame football coach in the future giving the team an inspirational speech and asking the team to "win one for Lennay"?
    I'm sure that Te'o still has a big NFL contract in his future but I also expect he will drop on draft boards. If I was the GM of a NFL team I would be having second and third thoughts about Te'o's mental makeup.
    Just bizarre.
    Yeah, he is saying that he's not a liar, he is monumentally dumb. And being dumb is not a good thing for an ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Brian Kelly awarded the game ball after they beat Michigan to Kekua.

After they beat Pitt, he awarded it to the Easter Bunny
    After they beat Navy, he awarded it to Santa Clause
    After they beat USC, he awarded it to the monster that lives under my daughter's bed

Seriously this is why I wish sports would stay away from this kind of off the field stuff. ESPN is bad about it but Sports Illustrated is the worst. We don't really know what's up with these guys off the field even when they tell us so let's not even go there. If this hoax results in less fluff stories of athletes I'll be pleased

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    If any of what they say is true, then I can understand why they'd not want to make a media circus out of it. On the other hand, you'd have to be absurdly naive to believe that Notre Dame wold have come out with this of their own accord.
    We're past that now. As of today, Notre Dame has gone all in on Te'o's side. They claim that they've hired a private investigator and after all that, they've concluded that Teo was duped.

OK, the media has dropped the ball on this story up to now. Let's see if they can right that wrong and get to the bottom of this.

I had thought that Alabama's rout of Notre Dame in the BCS game was one of the most absolute crushing defeats possible, but the contest between A.J. McCarron's girlfriend and Manti Te'o' s girlfriend is an even bigger rout in favor of Alabama.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

B/w this and Lance Armstrong, all of a sudden Pete doesn't look so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    B/w this and Lance Armstrong, all of a sudden Pete doesn't look so bad.
    Pete's girlfriends apparently have all been real (and numerous). I read a few days ago that Pete's latest girlfriend is a former Playboy centerfold about 40 years younger than Charlie Hustle.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

This is disgusting and a tad creepy.

Could there possible be any legal or criminal implications coming from this?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post

A "tad?"

It's impossible for me to believe that Te'o was a victim and not involved.

The most bizarre sports related story I believe I have ever seen. To me he had to know from the beginning. I don't buy that he was duped into this story. He would have to have been extremely naive or incredibly stupid to have done this without knowing she was not real. The most plausible explanantion to me is that he started this to cover up being gay. It got wildly out of hand with one lie perpetuating off another to the point he couldn't really control it. He may have been naive enough to believe he could "kill" her off and it would all go away. But that has just made it worse.
    It's going to be intersting to see how the NFL handles all of this. Also to see how far he drops in the draft. At best, most teams will view him as unstable and/or a liar.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Ya know, I was writing a long response to all the dumb in this thread but you can't fix stupid, so I decided to delete it.

All I will say is this - - ND is not covering anything up. There is a little thing called University Privacy Laws that applies to all students. The only people who could disclose the findings of the report the investigators submitted are the Te'o family.

So, how many people will apologize in this thread when the actual facts come out?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Ya know, I was writing a long response to all the dumb in this thread but you can't fix stupid, so I decided to delete it.

All I will say is this - - ND is not covering anything up. There is a little thing called University Privacy Laws that applies to all students. The only people who could disclose the findings of the report the investigators submitted are the Te'o family.

So, how many people will apologize in this thread when the actual facts come out?
    Just curious, why do you think ESPN sat on the story for ten days?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post

Fraud could be a big one. There was so much in the deadspin article I would have to go back to read it again. But I believe there was some mention of a fund or foundation set up in his "girl friends" name to honor her. People that donated to that would/could sue to get their money back.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

I question whether ND believes what they are saying.

Turn Off Ads?