Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I have some vague idea of what facetime is. Same with Skype. Couldn't do either to save my own life if I had to.
    I bet you could. Honestly, if your computer has a webcam, all you need to do is install skype. If it doesn't, then buy one. Hook it up to the computer (they are USB, just like anything else you plug into your computer these days) and odds are it is plug-and-play, meaning you have to install nothing to get it working, and then you just download skype. It is incredibly easy.

Facetime is the Apple branding of skype. You can use it on certain iPhones and iPads and Macs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I bet you could. Honestly, if your computer has a webcam, all you need to do is install skype. If it doesn't, then buy one. Hook it up to the computer (they are USB, just like anything else you plug into your computer these days) and odds are it is plug-and-play, meaning you have to install nothing to get it working, and then you just download skype. It is incredibly easy.

Facetime is the Apple branding of skype. You can use it on certain iPhones and iPads and Macs.
    But I don't have anyone to skype with. It's not like you'd skype with imaginary frie......nevermind.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

But I don't have anyone to skype with. It's not like you'd skype with imaginary frie......nevermind.
    I think you can, fees may apply though. I think folks should just stick with farmersonly.com, where you don't have to be lonely.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Haven't seen all what? It's a part of the original feel good story. You can't see it because its all phony, but the story is on video and in print. I'm not following what you're wanting to "see."
    I'll admit I don't follow these things very closely for exactly what happened here. I don't get into the personal lives of athletes myself because you don't know for sure what's up. All I care about is how they play. So I admit I didn't see or read where he said they met in Hawaii or at a football game. Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'll admit I don't follow these things very closely for exactly what happened here. I don't get into the personal lives of athletes myself because you don't know for sure what's up. All I care about is how they play. So I admit I didn't see or read where he said they met in Hawaii or at a football game. Where did you see that?
    The deadspin article.

I wouldn't call this his personal life. This was made a part of his football life. It was just more "winning one for the Gipper" mentality.
    Last edited by traderumor; 01-22-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Isn't there chatroulette or something like that? Is that via Skype?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The deadspin article.

I wouldn't call this his personal life. This was made a part of his football life. It was just more "winning one for the Gipper" mentality.
    Actually, the article that gave rise to all this was published October 12, in the South Bend paper:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...,1490151.story

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.
    Somebody lied.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Actually, the article that gave rise to all this was published October 12, in the South Bend paper:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...,1490151.story

Somebody lied.
    JEREMY SCHAAP: Just to be clear. The South Bend Tribune said you guys exchanged meaningful glance, your hands touched in 2009 game against Stanford. Where would [they] have gotten that?

MANTI TE'O: That I don't know. I didn't know Lennay back in 2009 at the Stanford game, and that I know because my grandparents were there. My grandfather and my grandmother. And that was the only people that I remember looking forward to seeing. That changed in 2011.

JEREMY SCHAAP: Could it have been the 2011 game?

MANTI TE'O: It could have been, because that would have been the only time that it could have happened, because that's when I knew her.

JEREMY SCHAAP: But you might have -- is there any way you could have told this reporter that you had actually physically touched her?
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-jeremy-schaap

OK, has the reporter who wrote that article in Oct come forward and said where he got this from?

What they look like is the conversation between Kelly and Manti that Brian Te'o overheard on Skype just after the double tragedies hit him. "I was so worried about him," Brian said, "but what coach Kelly said made me know he was with family."
    Check this out from the South Bend Oct. 12 article. Manti knew very well about Skype. Perhaps Lennay did not have an internet connection, being a Stanford student and all, she was probably technologically impaired There is a hoax involved, but Manti is no victim, he's the perpetrator.

In fairness, I do see in the ESPN interview that he claimed to attempt to Skype and Facetime with her, but there were supposed technical difficulties. And then there are several admissions that he was checking things out, so he cannot claim ignorance or naivety. Just a big fish story and the fish just keeps on growing, with Tuiasasopo still as the one thrown under the bus.
    Last edited by traderumor; 01-22-2013 at 04:43 PM.

He didn't have a live GF either.

Don't know all the details of this story (and don;t really care), but it does illustrate some of the dangers with cyberspace and dealing with reality.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Tuiasasopo's lawyer is now saying that it was Tuiasasopo play acting of the voice of the dead girlfriend.

For over a year Te'o thought Tuiasasopo, someone he HAS met in person, was his internet girlfriend.

A spine tingling saga--I think whatever the truth might be will be less believable than if Te'o just said "publicity stunt and motivational tool, I got caught. Oops. I apologize for the deceit, I'm moving on with my life." Who knows if that's the truth, but the truth might be so bizarre that it does more harm than telling people what they want to hear.

The voice I just heard on the radio sounds enough like a girl to me that I don't think I'd be suspicious if I wasn't already.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Why would a star linebacker need to start an online/long distance relationship in the first place? It's one thing when people have to do long distance when one person is forced to move, and sometimes people start online/long distance things if they have a hard time meeting people.

BUT... a star linebacker at a high-profile school? Not buying it. He would have had has pick of almost any girl at Notre Dame, why would he go to the trouble of doing the long distance thing with someone he wasn't already involved with? That's what makes it seem like, to me, that he was in on it from the start. Because a guy like him would have had no problem meeting REAL women.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Why would a star linebacker need to start an online/long distance relationship in the first place? It's one thing when people have to do long distance when one person is forced to move, and sometimes people start online/long distance things if they have a hard time meeting people.

BUT... a star linebacker at a high-profile school? Not buying it. He would have had has pick of almost any girl at Notre Dame, why would he go to the trouble of doing the long distance thing with someone he wasn't already involved with? That's what makes it seem like, to me, that he was in on it from the start. Because a guy like him would have had no problem meeting REAL women.
    The most logical explanation is that you're not interested in girls...

I'm still not buying that Teo wasn't in on this from the start.

I think the "girlfriend" started as a convenient Beard and was then co-opted into a sob story to garner greater Heisman consideration while removing the non-existent girlfriend from the equation in one fell swoop.

Turn Off Ads?