Per Rotoworld
    Then there is this
    http://m.deadspin.com/5977235/heres-...-dame+usc-game

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Per Rotoworld
    Yeah, Notre Dame doesn't have nearly enough money to pay someone to say that on camera.

Sorry, but there is no way possible I buy into the idea he didn't know what was going on at some point. This was 2012. He never once skyped with her? Never got a picture of her that wasn't of some sort of sexy nature? I don't know.... this is incredibly bizarre, but I will never believe he didn't know something was up well before he started talking about "her" on national television and radio.

Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, Notre Dame doesn't have nearly enough money to pay someone to say that on camera.

Sorry, but there is no way possible I buy into the idea he didn't know what was going on at some point. This was 2012. He never once skyped with her? Never got a picture of her that wasn't of some sort of sexy nature? I don't know.... this is incredibly bizarre, but I will never believe he didn't know something was up well before he started talking about "her" on national television and radio.
    I don't know how everyone is forgetting he claimed to have met her in person as well. I don't understand that. He told a story in no uncertain terms about how they met and made eye contact and all this stuff. How can he claim now that it was exclusively an online thing?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I don't know how everyone is forgetting he claimed to have met her in person as well. I don't understand that. He told a story in no uncertain terms about how they met and made eye contact and all this stuff. How can he claim now that it was exclusively an online thing?
    Well, in theory, he could have just been lying so he didn't have to admit being in an exclusive online relationship. But yeah, I wouldn't buy that either, at least not that far into it.

So did they find out if he made her up or was he tricked? Not that it really matters, but I've heard several different stories

Well, in theory, he could have just been lying so he didn't have to admit being in an exclusive online relationship. But yeah, I wouldn't buy that either, at least not that far into it.
    It's not just that he claimed to meet her in person on more than one occasion. After he knew it was a hoax, he continued in national interviews to act as if he was in mourning, even at the Heisman presentation and on the eve of the BCS championship game. He didn't start the fire, but he didn't put it out either. Actually, he threw gasoline on it.

Yeah that's a lot to swallow. And as others pointed out, would he not have ever Skyped with her, asked for a picture etc. I know they have him that one random girl's picture, but I can't imagine they would've had enough to keep him going that long.

As far as why he kept it going after he knew it was a hoax, that I can actually understand more. I don't think he handled it well, but I can at least comprehend it. Hypothetically, if he really learned then, it would've been really hard to come out with that, have that public knowledge out there during the national championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah that's a lot to swallow. And as others pointed out, would he not have ever Skyped with her, asked for a picture etc. I know they have him that one random girl's picture, but I can't imagine they would've had enough to keep him going that long.

As far as why he kept it going after he knew it was a hoax, that I can actually understand more. I don't think he handled it well, but I can at least comprehend it. Hypothetically, if he really learned then, it would've been really hard to come out with that, have that public knowledge out there during the national championship game.
    ESPN is reporting that who was behind it had done it before to others. Using the same name, same picture, same profile, same everything. Not everyone has skype thats easy to get around not meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    ESPN is reporting that who was behind it had done it before to others. Using the same name, same picture, same profile, same everything. Not everyone has skype thats easy to get around not meeting.
    Naaaaaah, Skype is a free program, if you have an online long distance relationship, that would be a requirement.

Here's the part that throws me off... in his interview with Pete Thamel for SI, he said he had known her for FOUR YEARS. They'd dated for one, supposedly, and he'd known her for FOUR. That, more than anything else, just doesn't add up to me. I think he knew all along. I'm positive he did.

She was in an auto accident... she was diagnosed with cancer.. he never made an effort to go see her? Yet he was "in love" with her? REALLY? This guy isn't a kid. He's a 22 year old senior, that graduated from NOTRE DAME! He's not stupid. He's extremely intelligent. Unfortunately, it appears in a crazy way.

What's the definition of a girlfriend? Doesn't meeting face to face have to be a minimal requirement?

This is what he is running with according to ESPN right now though, according to Jeremy Schapp who interviewed him.

I think this tweet pretty much explains my thoughts.

RT @drewmagary: "Jeez guys, he SEEMS to be telling the truth!" -Every reporter that was duped by Te'o's story to begin with
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?