Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 228

Thread: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

  1. #166
    Member Topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,934

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Somebody is going to get a steal in next NFL draft and if I had to bet it will be the Patriots or Titans. Kid can play football the rest is all bull.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 01-21-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,668

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend



    I heard there weren't even any skidmarks, but someone was heard saying "wow, that was some speedbump."
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  4. #168
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    First off, if he was in on the hoax then I agree completely.

    However, if he wasn't, I'm saying it's still OK to ridicule the situation a bit (I've been ridiculing it all week). I'm just saying, at a certain point - if he was duped himself - people have to let it be. The guy has been humiliated and perhaps even heartbroken. Kind of like with bullying, when does it end? Make a few jokes at his expense. Talk about the bizarre nature of the situation. Then let it go. Do you want to push him to suicide?

    Notre Dame, on the other hand, is not a person. They are an institution (and one I happen to dislike), so they can continue to get ridiculed all day for all I care. In fact, I enjoy it.
    If he was really hoaxed on this for three years, never going to the funeral, never skyping her or even meeting her then he is one weird dude and that's significant when considering him for the MIKE position on a football field, let alone a 1st rd draftpick

  5. #169
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,668

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If he was really hoaxed on this for three years, never going to the funeral, never skyping her or even meeting her then he is one weird dude and that's significant when considering him for the MIKE position on a football field, let alone a 1st rd draftpick
    He obviously isn't telling the truth. Since he didn't tell the truth in the first place, now he has to keep making stuff up. Now it won't die. Classic PR blunder. ND must be using the same PR firm that handled the priest abuse scandal--deny, deny, deny. Te'o was quoted "Whatever they said, I didn't do it!" Pathetic.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  6. #170
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    He obviously isn't telling the truth. Since he didn't tell the truth in the first place, now he has to keep making stuff up. Now it won't die. Classic PR blunder. ND must be using the same PR firm that handled the priest abuse scandal--deny, deny, deny. Te'o was quoted "Whatever they said, I didn't do it!" Pathetic.
    I'm not ready to go that far. Can you show me any quote from someone who knew him that said that he was "in on it"? I'm still waiting on that before I go as far as you have. For now I take him at his word and at that he's one strange dude

  7. #171
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If he was really hoaxed on this for three years, never going to the funeral, never skyping her or even meeting her then he is one weird dude and that's significant when considering him for the MIKE position on a football field, let alone a 1st rd draftpick
    You guys are very cynical and I don't like it. She was so close to getting her web cam working. The phrase "Ti, honey, I can see you. Can you see me?" Broke Te'o's heart for 3 years. "No, babe, I can't see you...still."


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #172
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,668

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not ready to go that far. Can you show me any quote from someone who knew him that said that he was "in on it"? I'm still waiting on that before I go as far as you have. For now I take him at his word and at that he's one strange dude
    What word? Which story?

    Prior to the denial, the story included face to face contact, including meeting at a real football game, real trips to Hawaii (which his dad claimed, so he's in on it too). Now it was a long distance internet only hoax, never actually met her, and now ND is getting pulled into a web of lies. Seriously, this one isn't even hard.

    The motive is fame and seeking recognition, doing whatever it takes to win the Heisman and make it to the NC game.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  9. #173
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,745

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Take a lie detector test Te'o and prove to all the skeptics that you were fooled (and dumb). Make sure the ones that administer the test are a non-biased outfit (not ND grads).

    Sounds simple to me. But I think we all know that will never happen. Just like Lance and Pete not doing the same (prior to admitting THE TRUTH).
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  10. #174
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What word? Which story?

    Prior to the denial, the story included face to face contact, including meeting at a real football game, real trips to Hawaii (which his dad claimed, so he's in on it too). Now it was a long distance internet only hoax, never actually met her, and now ND is getting pulled into a web of lies. Seriously, this one isn't even hard.

    The motive is fame and seeking recognition, doing whatever it takes to win the Heisman and make it to the NC game.
    I'm just saying I haven't seen all this. I haven't seen a smoking gun yet where they caught him in a lie. My gut tells me he can't be that stupid but I do want that smoking gun

  11. #175
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,182

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm just saying I haven't seen all this. I haven't seen a smoking gun yet where they caught him in a lie. My gut tells me he can't be that stupid but I do want that smoking gun
    I was thinking about this the other day. Lets assume that what Manti is saying is true, that he was a victim of a hoax. The domino's have to fall in such a manner that they become unbelievable.

    According to Manti they met after the ND Stanford game something to do with "soulful eyes." If you think about it logistically, they would need to place the girl in the exact right position in the stadium, with the exact right timing to catch Manti's attention. Then they would have to exchange phone numbers and start a relationship. Anyone who has ever done that with a girl in college knows the difficulties involved. The "hoaxers" would have had the greatest plant in all of "hoax" history.

    Here is the thing I can't wrap my head around. My 85 year old grandma knows little to nothing about technology but can facetime. My in-laws frequently use skype, they used skype 3 years ago to communicate with my sister-in-law who was adopting a child in China. Skype is $20 for a web cam and then free after that. Why in the world would you carry on a long distance relationship and not use the technology at your fingertips to communicate while viewing each other?

    Then you his father reporting that the two met in Hawaii, but Manti saying he lied to his father because of embarrassment. First of all if the love of your life is flying into Hawaii wouldn't you pick her up at the airport? Wouldn't you be pissed if she traveled to Hawaii and didn't see you? Wouldn't that raise an alarm?

    If Manti's story is true then in the Webster Dictionary his name should be listed as the definition of gullible.

  12. #176
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,668

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm just saying I haven't seen all this. I haven't seen a smoking gun yet where they caught him in a lie. My gut tells me he can't be that stupid but I do want that smoking gun
    Haven't seen all what? It's a part of the original feel good story. You can't see it because its all phony, but the story is on video and in print. I'm not following what you're wanting to "see."
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  13. #177
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,685

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. Lets assume that what Manti is saying is true, that he was a victim of a hoax. The domino's have to fall in such a manner that they become unbelievable.

    According to Manti they met after the ND Stanford game something to do with "soulful eyes." If you think about it logistically, they would need to place the girl in the exact right position in the stadium, with the exact right timing to catch Manti's attention. Then they would have to exchange phone numbers and start a relationship. Anyone who has ever done that with a girl in college knows the difficulties involved. The "hoaxers" would have had the greatest plant in all of "hoax" history.

    Here is the thing I can't wrap my head around. My 85 year old grandma knows little to nothing about technology but can facetime. My in-laws frequently use skype, they used skype 3 years ago to communicate with my sister-in-law who was adopting a child in China. Skype is $20 for a web cam and then free after that. Why in the world would you carry on a long distance relationship and not use the technology at your fingertips to communicate while viewing each other?

    Then you his father reporting that the two met in Hawaii, but Manti saying he lied to his father because of embarrassment. First of all if the love of your life is flying into Hawaii wouldn't you pick her up at the airport? Wouldn't you be pissed if she traveled to Hawaii and didn't see you? Wouldn't that raise an alarm?

    If Manti's story is true then in the Webster Dictionary his name should be listed as the definition of gullible.
    I have some vague idea of what facetime is. Same with Skype. Couldn't do either to save my own life if I had to.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  14. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I have some vague idea of what facetime is. Same with Skype. Couldn't do either to save my own life if I had to.
    If you had a "girlfriend" 2000 miles away, I'm confident you'd be able to figure it out.

  15. #179
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,685

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you had a "girlfriend" 2000 miles away, I'm confident you'd be able to figure it out.
    Very good point.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  16. #180
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,668

    Re: Manti Te'o didn't really have a dead girlfriend

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you had a "girlfriend" 2000 miles away, I'm confident you'd be able to figure it out.
    Especially one being used as a motivational tool by her "death." All I see in those biting on the hoax story is irony.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25