Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: Merging of the Baseball Forums

Re: Important: Merging of the Baseball Forums

Me Likey Like, tambien.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The "like" addon has been implemented; this will be on a trial basis. The button refers to the original name of the addon ("thanks"), so give us some time until we can come up with something similar that has the "like" verbiage. In the meantime, the functionality should be identical, but let us know if you have any issues with it.

I've disabled the "like" stats under each user name in a post, but I left them enabled in user profiles (under the "Statistics" tab). They can be enabled in both, neither or one place(s). You can also use the search function to find all "liked" posts throughout the site.

I expect to have the remaining changes related to the merger done by tomorrow.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-30-2013),Bob Borkowski (01-31-2013),Brisco (01-31-2013),camisadelgolf (01-30-2013),Caveman Techie (01-31-2013),cincyinco (01-31-2013),dabvu2498 (01-31-2013),dubc47834 (01-31-2013),edabbs44 (01-31-2013),Gallen5862 (01-31-2013),gilpdawg (01-31-2013),mbgrayson (01-31-2013),MikeThierry (01-31-2013),New York Red (01-31-2013),Redsfan320 (01-30-2013),TeamCasey (02-01-2013),Tommyjohn25 (01-31-2013),UKFlounder (01-31-2013),Unassisted (01-31-2013),Vottomatic (01-31-2013),WildcatFan (01-31-2013),WVRed (01-31-2013)

Stat geek...and proud
    I don't think the thanks/like button is showing up on Tapatalk, if that matters to anyone.

I LIKE this new feature and THANKS for implementing it. I've been a member here for a long time. I like to read more than post. Now I can still give some input without having to reply with a post.. Which is not always convenient because I'm typically on my android.

Thanks again and I like it, whatever it's going to be called.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

7. Likes:

WMR (01-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I don't think the thanks/like button is showing up on Tapatalk, if that matters to anyone.
    Unfortunately, I don't think the addon is mobile friendly.

I remember we've actually tried this thanks feature before, and thankfully (pun intended) it got dumped within a couple of days. All it really does is clog up the screen. It's more of just a mild annoyance on a full size computer monitor, but if you're viewing from a small device like a phone and you have a popular post you're going to have to scroll past whole screens of names of people saying thanks just to get to the next post. I really hope this goes away again quickly, or there's at least a way I can turn off viewing it.

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think the addon is mobile friendly.
    Works just fine on my mobile, though I don't use tapatalk. Just Google Chrome.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Is there anyway to just give a number of likes for the comment, that can be clicked on to reveal who liked it, instead of showing it to everyone? It makes for another line of noise that has to be skimmed across to read a thread.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

13. Likes:

George Anderson (01-31-2013)

haha I like this post: Ode to the Sundeck

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100033

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Is there anyway to just give a number of likes for the comment, that can be clicked on to reveal who liked it, instead of showing it to everyone? It makes for another line of noise that has to be skimmed across to read a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I remember we've actually tried this thanks feature before, and thankfully (pun intended) it got dumped within a couple of days. All it really does is clog up the screen. It's more of just a mild annoyance on a full size computer monitor, but if you're viewing from a small device like a phone and you have a popular post you're going to have to scroll past whole screens of names of people saying thanks just to get to the next post. I really hope this goes away again quickly, or there's at least a way I can turn off viewing it.
    I actually agree with both these sentiments. I'll do some digging, but if there's an easy way to do so in the options, it's not apparent.

Unfortunately, it does not appear the above request is possible. Provided GIK is also OK with it, if there's ample people that would like this removed (for the second time; I did not recall we had it once before), I am not opposed to that.

Based on a suggestion GIK had, I was able to significantly reduce the size of the box by editing this verbiage. Does this make it any better for those who didn't like it because of the previous size?

18. Likes:

Caveman Techie (02-01-2013),REDREAD (01-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Based on a suggestion GIK had, I was able to significantly reduce the size of the box by editing this verbiage. Does this make it any better for those who didn't like it because of the previous size?
    Better? Yes. Do I like it? Not really.

I kind of like the idea of bringing back rep points, but they could only be positive, (no negging), and they would just be a merit badge of sorts, without any special privileges. That option exists doesn't it?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Better? Yes. Do I like it? Not really.

I kind of like the idea of bringing back rep points, but they could only be positive, (no negging), and they would just be a merit badge of sorts, without any special privileges. That option exists doesn't it?
    I believe so, yes.

One problem this, and likely every board has, is mob mentality. It is almost like you cannot have an opposing viewpoint. And once the "mob" smells blood, the posts then start sliding in quality. A lot of them become simple zingers at the other side. How many times do we have to read about Zach Stewart and multiple Cy Young awards. Yes, doug said he had the potential to win one, but the denigration of his (and to an extent mine) viewpoint added nothing to the argument. Every post from M2 was well thought out, well reasoned. WOY talking about essentially chemistry and an overall change in philosophy was well reasoned and on point. (talking about the Zach Stewart DFA thread) But we also got 4-5 Cy Young jabs in the first couple of pages and a few sprinkled in after, that offered nothing to the conversation, brought the tone to one where one side feels attacked. That side in opposition relented on certain aspects, but the attacks continued.

So, it makes on feel like he/she cannot bring up an idea that doesn't work in the "mob mind". Good lord what will this place be like when Billy Hamilton arrives? What is the over/under on "CF bats first dude" posts. I put it at 75 the first month.

It isn't like this all the time. But when it does get like this, it's like a train.. gains steam and is hard to stop. And you can bet that is a big reason we lost some posters.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

22. Likes:

MikeThierry (01-31-2013),REDREAD (01-31-2013),Revering4Blue (01-31-2013)

Turn Off Ads?