Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: Merging of the Baseball Forums

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Important: Merging of the Baseball Forums

Will we at least get some type of "badge" to show we were in the club before it went public? Haha.

I look forward to some good discussion from a higher volume of Reds fans. (And bustin' chops when peeps get out of line.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

It should be interesting. I remember when there wasn't a split before I thought it worked ok. Patience will be required from everyone, I'm sure.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Sounds good! More baseball for everyone
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Will we at least get some type of "badge" to show we were in the club before it went public? Haha.
    Badges?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwprS_L6tg
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Exactly. We could even call them "The ORG's Stinkin' Badges."

I'm sure there will be times in the future I'll wonder "Was this guy a member of the ORG before the merge?" Most of you I'll recognize, but I'm serious in saying it would be nice to have a way of recognizing everyone who was "in" before the merge.

I prefer this as well. I think the split ran its course.

The only suggestion I'd have is increasing the time-in-waiting criteria before being bumped up to the ORG. But beyond that, I like the principle.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I prefer this as well. I think the split ran its course.

The only suggestion I'd have is increasing the time-in-waiting criteria before being bumped up to the ORG. But beyond that, I like the principle.
    I might suggest this as well. And maybe an even longer period before being allowed onto the game threads. The game threads are already big enough, so maybe doing something to pair down how many can join would help.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I third Brutus' idea, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Exactly. We could even call them "The ORG's Stinkin' Badges.
    We already have the SERPS though.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

We have decided to increase the number of registration time from 30 to 45 days and leave the minimum post count at 50.

let the games begin

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Harrumph harrumph harrumph!
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I think this is great news! My only suggestion would be to possibly reintroduce the Reputation system again. I don't know if the software would be able to institute an "auto-ignore" rule for anyone with negative rep or somewhat.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    I think this is great news! My only suggestion would be to possibly reintroduce the Reputation system again. I don't know if the software would be able to institute an "auto-ignore" rule for anyone with negative rep or somewhat.
    My recollection was that the rep system was an unmitigated disaster. I recall that it created a lot of hostility and people ganging up on one another.

The other issue I seem to remember was that people were giving negative rep points or positive rep points on whether they agreed with a post and it became more about popularity than rather someone was abiding by the rules and being nice to one another.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I assume the futures section of RZ is now obsolete. Is the plan to take it down soon? I suggest treating its demise like the Berlin Wall in 1989

Turn Off Ads?