Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Scout Seats

Scout Seats

I have sat in numerous places around GABP but never in the Scout Seats. Does anyone have any "reviews" from sitting there. I can't afford the Diamond Seats but did get four Scout Seats for the opening Saturday against the Nationals for $68 a piece.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scout Seats

Quote Originally Posted by SWIndRed View Post
    I have sat in numerous places around GABP but never in the Scout Seats. Does anyone have any "reviews" from sitting there. I can't afford the Diamond Seats but did get four Scout Seats for the opening Saturday against the Nationals for $68 a piece.
    Scout seats are nice. You get your own concession area and bathrooms. Sightlines are pretty good, actually a little bit higher up and have a better view than the Diamond seats. A bit expensive, but a pretty good value considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Scout seats are nice. You get your own concession area and bathrooms. Sightlines are pretty good, actually a little bit higher up and have a better view than the Diamond seats. A bit expensive, but a pretty good value considering.
    I second this. You are literally a few rows behind diamond seats for a fraction of the price. Short food/drink lines, bathroom lines, etc. Great for pictures (except for the netting behind home plate.) I get these for the "big" games or special games like Reds HOF induction. Was there when Borbon and Sabo were inducted. Great photos.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Awesome seats. Had them last year for a game. I have never had the Diamond seats, but I have had Scout Box, Scout, Club Home and even got to see one game from a suite. I will say I prefer the open seats to the suite (weather permitting), and the scout box and scout seats are amazing. I only make it to 3-5 games a year and at least one is in "good seats", one is View or Outer View and the rest are decided by budget concerns or the person buying my ticket.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

If you can swing the price for the tickets, and you really enjoy baseball, then these seats are awesome. Sat there for the first time last year, and I thought it was totally worth it. Your own little concession room with restrooms are a great perk too!

Sat in the scout box seats once and they were awesome seats. One of the greatest games I've ever attended....
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Did you guys hear that Hal McCoy is looking for someone to drive him to the games? Benefits include sitting in the press box and listening to hours of, "when I was relevant" stories.

Scout seats are very nice; both scout boxes and scout seats have access to the more private concessions area under the grandstand.

I make it up for about 6 games a year, I usually get 2 or 3 of these games in Scout seats.

The Club seats, though, are a different matter. Used to be a decent enough deal when it was the "4192 Club", tix went for $50 and it is a nice indoor area and great views. Sat up there a few times, most notably a few years back when it was like 17 degrees for the early April games. Certainly worth it then, sat inside and watched from behind the glass like it was a dog track or something, but I didn't get frostbite!

Now, given that the tix for Club seats are $85 and include food I don't want and no booze, plus not nearly the view as other cheaper seats, I pass. I get my Cincy fix on stuff like Skyline at GABP; as Skyline not included with Club food, I still end up spending about 25 or 30 on concessions (beer not cheap).

My personal favorite is getting barrier free seating in the infield box seats. Basically a poor mans lux box. You have plenty of leg room (I am 6'5"), power outlet for wife to recharge phone or kids games, nobody getting up on your aisle, you are at top of concourse so you can get to concessions or bathroom ahead of lines at inning breaks.

Its just fun thinking about going to games again. Spring like down here anyway, it is 65 degrees today, gonna take kids to park when youngest wakes from nap!

Turn Off Ads?