Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brandon Phillips Team USA

Brandon Phillips Team USA

Brandon Phillips will be playing for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. I'm not sure if the games are televised but I would love to see Brandon out there playing in red white and blue. Comments from Brandon are in the article.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ed-white-blue/

Here's the full roster
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon Phillips Team USA

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by panzecaz03 View Post
    Brandon Phillips will be playing for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. I'm not sure if the games are televised but I would love to see Brandon out there playing in red white and blue. Comments from Brandon are in the article.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ed-white-blue/

Here's the full roster
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    All the WBC games will be on the MLB Network.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

WBC 3 years ago really gave us a preview of what was to come for Votto.

I was at my girlfriends house and I turned it on. She never liked baseball, but being a nice girl she asked questions and showed interest, watching the game with me. I told her "this guy plays for my team" when Votto was up one time. She asked "is he really good?" And I kinda just said "yeah he's not bad. He's a decent player." I figured his hot start in 2009 was just a hot start, and that his production seemed unsustainable.

He went like 4-5 that day with loads of XBH and it never really stopped. I was wrong about him being unsustainable. Dude is an anomaly.

That said, BP deserves to be on this team, and I'm glad he's getting his due. The guy is flat out FUN to watch, and that represents USA baseball in the best way.

good to hear

LaRussa must not be the manager of this team

Glad to see BP on the USA team, he definitely deserves it.

Don't want to get into a CIN vs. STL thing but I was suprised he missed the ASG on the fan vote last year. He is possibly the best 2B in the NL & most DEFINITELY in the top 2-3. He is fun to watch and to see how he gives back made me a fan of him.

P.S. This doesn't mean my favorite team will be changing any time soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic View Post
    good to hear

LaRussa must not be the manager of this team
    That's hilarious!

Good to see a Red representing the US!

Turn Off Ads?