Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates DFA Zach Stewart

Re: Pirates DFA Zach Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    At the time, everything you heard was that Rolen was forcing his way out and he would only accept a trade to a team in the Midwest. Go look at who was playing third base for all of the teams in the Midwest at the time. The Reds were the only option.

Obviously you have to trade something for him. But you probably shouldn't be trading a top trading chip plus a proven Major Leaguer for a 34 year old with a bad back on a 1 year and 2 month deal.

This has all been hashed out a thousand times though. That is how I see it. I am leaving it at that.
    I have two issues with this. One, I'm not sure what EdE had proved to that point besides that he was an awful fielder. Two, I really think that Zach Stewart's value is and was extremely overrated by many on this board.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Nope. Tough to win a trade when you were the only market for the player you traded for and still gave up real talent to get it.
    Except Zach Stewart was never real talent.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I have two issues with this. One, I'm not sure what EdE had proved to that point besides that he was an awful fielder. Two, I really think that Zach Stewart's value is and was extremely overrated by many on this board.
    He was the Wil Myers of Reds pitching prospects. Myers was ranked the best overall prospect in baseball, but as we learned, there were a lot of questions about him that significantly affected his value.

Same applies to Stewart.

Zach Stewart this generations Dave Revering

Was he ever a top 100 prospect even? Baseball America, no cheating allowed in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Zach Stewart this generations Dave Revering
    So we should blame Bowie Kuhn for losing him?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    So we should blame Bowie Kuhn for losing him?
    Nah... lets just embrace the over valuing of him like we have with Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Was he ever a top 100 prospect even? Baseball America, no cheating allowed in that regard.
    No he wasn't

Fine Redszone I cheated. I looked up the answer. But I was never caught looking up the answer but everyone was looking up answers, I had had to look it up to make sure I won

At the time, everything you heard was that Rolen was forcing his way out and he would only accept a trade to a team in the Midwest. Go look at who was playing third base for all of the teams in the Midwest at the time. The Reds were the only option.

Obviously you have to trade something for him. But you probably shouldn't be trading a top trading chip plus a proven Major Leaguer for a 34 year old with a bad back on a 1 year and 2 month deal.

This has all been hashed out a thousand times though. That is how I see it. I am leaving it at that.
    Have you considered that you may have just grossly misvalued Stewart?

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

What happened to Zack Stewart? Is it something Price can fix? Why not get him back for peanuts?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

You are right. But given how he and TLR got along, that wasn't a place he would go either.
    People mend fences all the time, especially if they are, through mutual need, motivated to do so.

The Reds had no idea if that was possible.

In any event, you indicated no other midwest team had a need for a 3B. The Cards were desperate for a 3B at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    People mend fences all the time, especially if they are, through mutual need, motivated to do so.

The Reds had no idea if that was possible.

In any event, you indicated no other midwest team had a need for a 3B. The Cards were desperate for a 3B at the time.
    Were the White Sox also completely set at third?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Were the White Sox also completely set at third?
    And the Twins had Joe Crede and Brian Buscher.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Stewart's itinerary is a punchline at this point, just like Doug's Cy Young proclamation.

Folks who doubt what Rolen meant to the Reds should keep in mind this quote from Votto, a guy who measures his words carefully: "He changed my path as a player. He was a shining example of the kind of player I want to be."

Turn Off Ads?