Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arb numbers

Arb numbers

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cincin...eds/index.html

Mat Latos asked for $4.7MM and the Reds offered $4.15MM, Heyman tweets.

Shin-Soo Choo filed at $8MM and the Reds offered $6.75MM, Heyman tweets.

Homer Bailey filed at $5.8MM and the Reds filed at $4.75MM, Heyman tweets.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arb numbers

was expecting a lot higher for latos, about the amount i expected for choo and bailey

Quote Originally Posted by vin19 View Post
    was expecting a lot higher for latos, about the amount i expected for choo and bailey
    It's only Latos' first time through arbitration. It's Bailey's second time and Choo's third time. That's why you're seeing the large discrepancy in the dollars that they're each requesting.

That's a bargain for Latos.

I can't see any of those cases going to a hearing - Walt should have all 3 done within a week.

Redleger13

Walt is a wizard. Rest easy my friends.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

I'd LOVE to see Walt get Latos for 5 yrs (buying out 3 yrs of Arb, 2 yrs of FA).

What would be a reasonable guess for such an extension? Maybe 5yrs @ $50-$55 total?

I'd also like to see some of these deals spread money over the front of a contract, not just defer it for 10 yrs like we did with Bronson, or backload the heck out of it like we did with Votto.

With Latos, for example, rather than pay $4.5, then 7, then 10, then 15 and then 17, why not provide additional incentive for the palyer to sign by making the numbers run more like $8 for first season, $10 each for next three seasons, then $12 for last season (iirc, BP's contract is closer to this structure). He gets more money upfront and basically the same guaranteed money over the length of the contract, and the Reds get more flexibility by not having another $15million + player on the roster

I don't know if even Walt can get longer term deals done with any of the pitchers...position guys, maybe, but the pitching market is INSANE right now...I'm not sure Bailey or Latos go for a 3-5 year deal....REALLY doubt the Reds get any of their free agent years. Both these guys are gonna BANK when they go FA...I'm hoping Cingrani and Corcino are ready in a couple of years, cuz this team isn't gonna be able to afford to keep this rotation intact (that is unless they get something ridiculous like 80-100 million on the new TV deal, which i think they deserve, but won't get)

If I'm Walt, I get the Bailey (long term) deal done before the Latos deal. Bailey has toiled and grown up for the Reds over the last few years. Let Latos do the same.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Turn Off Ads?