Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good bye Mr. Musial

Good bye Mr. Musial

I'm going to miss seeing you opening day in your bright red jacket. Rest in peace Mr. Musial and may god be with you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good by Mr. Musial

Sorry to hear this news. I wish I had seen him p,ay, but I know of his reputation as a player and, especially a gentleman and class act

Can someone edit the topic please to "bye" instead of "by".

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Sorry to hear this news. I wish I had seen him p,ay, but I know of his reputation as a player and, especially a gentleman and class act
    This. I was too young to watch him play, but from everything I've read/heard/seen, he exuded class. I hate the Cardinals, but I wouldn't have a single bad thing to say about this stud of a HOF'er and man. RIP Stan.

RIP Stan The Man. With all due respect to Mr. Pujols, nobody says "Cardinals baseball" more than Musial. Sad day for baseball fans.

Very sad day for Baseball. Stan the Man was one of the all time greats. More than just a Hall of Famer. He was an elite among the elites.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Stan 'The Man' Musial was indeed a class act. He got along with everyone including umpires. Never argued a call...never. And because of that I imagine the umps usually gave him the benefit of the doubt on close decisions.

I grew up watching him and marvelled at the way he became a hitting machine at the plate. I tried to copy his batting stance...I'm sure I wasn't alone in that.

The baseball world is much, much poorer this evening.

RIP, Stan.
    Last edited by Bob Borkowski; 01-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.

My step-grandfather played with him a few years. Said he was the best player he ever had the chance to play with and was the toughest out he ever faced.

It seems like he was the last of the bunch. I guess Willie Mays is still out there, but Musial was the last one who was completely before my time. That makes him the last legend for me.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Re: Good bye Mr. Musial

What a wonderful man. Baseball has lost an immortal. Sad day.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

A great man first, a great ballplayer also.

Godspeed, Mr. Musial!
    sorry we're boring

RIP. The HoF can pay respects to him and Earl at this years ceremonies.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

RIP, one of the best ever.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

RIP Mr. Musial. He seemed he like an incredible person, and was one of the greatest players ever.

Hate to admit it but I did get to see him play for a few years although he was past his prime he could still hit. I remember the day he retired in 63 he went 2 for 3 and was taken out in the 5th inning after he singled.That was Petes rookie year and the Cards made a major run at the Dodgers winning 19 of 20 at one stretch and finished 2nd that year.We all know what they did in 64 after Stan was gone.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Turn Off Ads?