Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #15 prospect for 2013?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tucker Barnhart

13 22.03%
  • Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

2 3.39%
  • Jeff Gelalich

4 6.78%
  • Ryan LaMarre

4 6.78%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

3 5.08%
  • Seth Mejias-Brean

12 20.34%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Jonathan Reynoso

9 15.25%
  • Sal Romano

0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

0 0%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

1 1.69%
  • David Vidal

6 10.17%
  • Kyle Waldrop

3 5.08%
  • Ryan Wright

2 3.39%
  • Other (Please name)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #15 prospect? 2013

Who is Redszone's #15 prospect? 2013

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani
    4) Daniel Corcino
    5) Jesse Winker
    6) Nick Travieso
    7) Henry Rodriguez
    8) Ismael Guillon
    9) Yorman Rodriguez
    10) Tanner Rahier
    11) Dan Langfield
    12) Neftali Soto
    13) Donald Lutz
    14) Chad Rogers

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #15 prospect? 2013

To keep things moving along, after #15 the polls are going to be shortened to two days.

I am "D'' not trying "A" to sway "V" anyone's "I" vote "D" here. I "V" think everyone "I" knows that "D" subliminal messages "A" don't really work "L" anyway.

I voted Reynoso. BA must know something.

Lotzkar is really dropping due to injury concerns, presumably.

Is his injury status that dismal?

LOL, some folks proposed him in every trade thread this year, suggesting he has value, now he may not break the top twenty prospects. I guess it's the injury concern.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I voted Reynoso. BA must know something.

Lotzkar is really dropping due to injury concerns, presumably.

Is his injury status that dismal?

LOL, some folks proposed him in every trade thread this year, suggesting he has value, now he may not break the top twenty prospects. I guess it's the injury concern.
    At the end of the season I had Lotzkar at #8. He is back in play for me at this point.

With Reynoso, I guess I just want to see more. He has tools and he makes contact often. But the rest of his baseball game, including skills (fielding, base running) are considered very raw and in need of a lot of work.

Gelalich for me. I think this guy is going to be a good hitter. Thought about Wright here too.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Give me Reynoso and his upside. A toolsy outfielder with good contact skills is more interesting to me than what is left.

Defense being so vital for a catcher, and Barnhart being so good at it, I gotta go with him here.

(I said "vital," texasdave, not "Vidal." And by the way, nice try up there.)

Ryan Wright is as close to a sure major leaguer as we have on the list. Low ceiling but he's Justin Turner esque.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    At the end of the season I had Lotzkar at #8. He is back in play for me at this point.

With Reynoso, I guess I just want to see more. He has tools and he makes contact often. But the rest of his baseball game, including skills (fielding, base running) are considered very raw and in need of a lot of work.
    What's the status on Lotzkar at this point? I thought he had a decent healthy season, but now I guess the word is he had some kind of set back and is being moved to the bullpen?

Went with Tucker Barnhart here. Love his defensive skills and hopefully see him in the majors when it is time for him to take over as the next catcher alongside Mesoraco.

Going with Gelalich on upside. Besides, this will be his first full pro season, and I don't think it's fair to only look at his Billings numbers at this point. You have to consider why the Reds drafted him.

I do think he should be forced to change his name to something easier to spell. Like Rzepczynski.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 01-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Going with Gelalich on upside. Besides, this will be his first full pro season, and I don't think it's fair to only look at his Billings numbers at this point. You have to consider why the Reds drafted him.

I do think he should be forced to change his name to something easier to spell. Like Rzepczynski.
    If a guy like Winker is being highly rated due to his performance at Billings, then it is only fair that a guy like Gelalich gets downgraded for the same. You can't cherry pick only the strong performances while rationalizing away or downright ignoring the poor performances.

then it is only fair that a guy like Gelalich gets downgraded for the same
    true -- however it seems as if he was dealing with an injury

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    true -- however it seems as if he was dealing with an injury
    I agree that the injury may have been a contributing factor in his struggles and that it is WAY too soon to write him off, but his 2012 season still happened and should be factored into his ranking regardless of any extenuating circumstances.

I went with Seth Mejias-Brean. He's had upside power in batting practice for years that goes along with a plus glove and arm at the hot corner. He realized some of that power in Billings. That may be a blip due to small sample size; if not, he'll be a fast riser capable of playing at AA by the end of the season. He could also become organization fodder. High ceiling, low floor.

I could also see an argument for David Vidal, who's basically the same guy, but a year younger and coming off a really tough few months at AA Pennsacola.

The next ten picks are pretty much entirely interchangeable, IMO, as they represent some combination of high upside or high floor. I could just as easily insist that Steve Selsky or Bryson Smith deserve some love here due to outstanding production since becoming pros. (And might very well begin that argument with the next pick.)

Really, though, for all of us, IMO, it's just shooting in the dark.

Turn Off Ads?