Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #14 prospect for 2013?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tucker Barnhart

6 12.50%
  • Drew Cisco

1 2.08%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

1 2.08%
  • Jeff Gelalich

2 4.17%
  • Ryan LaMarre

3 6.25%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

2 4.17%
  • Seth Mejias-Brean

8 16.67%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Jonathan Reynoso

4 8.33%
  • Chad Rogers

15 31.25%
  • Sal Romano

0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

0 0%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

0 0%
  • David Vidal

2 4.17%
  • Kyle Waldrop

3 6.25%
  • Ryan Wright

1 2.08%
  • Other (Please name)

0 0%

Thread: Who is Redszone's 14 prospect? 2013

Who is Redszone's 14 prospect? 2013

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani
    4) Daniel Corcino
    5) Jesse Winker
    6) Nick Travieso
    7) Henry Rodriguez
    8) Ismael Guillon
    9) Yorman Rodriguez
    10) Tanner Rahier
    11) Dan Langfield
    12) Neftali Soto
    13) Donald Lutz

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's 14 prospect? 2013

Vidal please. Major league glove. I think will hit enough to earn a regular spot with someone, if not the Reds.
    Last edited by texasdave; 01-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I went with Reynoso's upside again. I can understand Rogers, too. Both Reynoso and Rogers are a cut above the guys who won the last two votes for me.

I liked Vidal a lot coming into 2012. However, he really tanked in Pensacola last year. It's not like Vidal was really young for the level either. I am hoping he has a bounceback 2013, but I am not ready to vote for him over Reynoso or Rogers.

I'm gonna go Rogers. As long as the strikeout rate stays above water, he's got a chance to be a pretty good pitcher.

I like Sharky here, by a nose over Barnhart, Waldrop and Mejias-Brean. His conversion from reliever to starter last year was very encouraging.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

The Price is Wright
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Rogers once again. Very sure Major Leaguer with a chance to start or be a very strong reliever.

lotta equally good choices here -- going Lamarre since I think he's got a ceiling at least as high as Heisey, maybe higher, plus defense, and coming off a decent year in AA in which he was playing through an injury -- a bit underrated by Redszone, IMO

Mejias-Brean. Love the vibe I get from him. I'm probably more confident in him than most, but... When you've got a feeling, you've got a feeling...

After looking at his Vidal statistics, there really is only one player to vote for here.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    After looking at his Vidal statistics, there really is only one player to vote for here.
    Rogers?

Gelalich should be in the top 15 based on his very fine college season last year. He was a very safe pick by the Reds, which made his poor performance in Billings perplexing. I am attributing this to fatigue and his hand injury because I thought his approach and his swing were very efficient at UCLA. Unless there are physical reason, why would his tools look so different. (This is the same dilemma I have in evaluating Tanner Rahier, who performed so differently from his scouting report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Gelalich should be in the top 15 based on his very fine college season last year. He was a very safe pick by the Reds, which made his poor performance in Billings perplexing. I am attributing this to fatigue and his hand injury because I thought his approach and his swing were very efficient at UCLA. Unless there are physical reason, why would his tools look so different. (This is the same dilemma I have in evaluating Tanner Rahier, who performed so differently from his scouting report.)
    I can't recall a single collegiate draftee who fell flat on his face in Billings and ever amounted to anything. Maybe Gelalich will be the first, but until more data comes in, I will remain VERY skeptical. As things stand right now, he looks like an aluminum wonder to me. I hope he proves me wrong.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    I can't recall a single collegiate draftee who fell flat on his face in Billings and ever amounted to anything. Maybe Gelalich will be the first, but until more data comes in, I will remain VERY skeptical. As things stand right now, he looks like an aluminum wonder to me. I hope he proves me wrong.
    While I am on board for being concerned over the plate discipline (It wasn't atrocious, but it certainly wasn't good), the actual hitting part gets a mulligan from me given that we know for a fact he was playing with an injured hand.

Turn Off Ads?