Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandal out for first 50

Redleger13

Grandal out for first 50

Yosmani Grandal will serve a 50 suspension to start the 2013 season after being busted for PEDs.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Grandal out for first 50

This is from November. Just saying.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

And in other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Fwiw, Grandal had an unsual power surge the latter half of his college career at Miami that in retrospect was likely a creation of PEDs. He might still blossom into a everyday catcher with thump, but since his bat is his biggest asset, I'd say the Reds sold at the right time...

The first time I heard about him getting busted, I was so thankful we got something for him before he became a flop.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

PEDs or not, guy looks legit. Such a great swing from both sides and terrific plate discipline. Suppose PEDs had something to do with that, but you can tell he's got the tools regardless.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    PEDs or not, guy looks legit. Such a great swing from both sides and terrific plate discipline. Suppose PEDs had something to do with that, but you can tell he's got the tools regardless.
    PEDs had a lot to do with the pop. Everything else is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    PEDs had a lot to do with the pop. Everything else is legit.
    Yeah but can you count on a guy that is one test away from a longer suspension? Legit or not you have to view this in a similar manner to a guy with a long injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero2.0 View Post
    Yeah but can you count on a guy that is one test away from a longer suspension? Legit or not you have to view this in a similar manner to a guy with a long injury history.
    Personally, I'm glad he gave me a reason to be glad that he's gone.

Unfortunately, the Reds don't catch the Padres until July. He seems to always rock Reds' pitching, at least, it seems that way to me.

Maybe the roids had something to do with it.

The trade looks a litttle better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    The trade looks a litttle better.
    The trade looka A LOT NETTER IMO. There's no telling how much of his impressiveness was due to PEDS. Only time will tell.

Walt continues to look more and more like a genius everyday.

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Walt continues to look more and more like a genius everyday.

THIS.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Clearly the Reds Front Office must have had some insight into these allegations. Adding Grandal to the offer for Latos certainly got the deal done. I hope and assume the Reds want nothing to do with anyone associated with Doping.

Interesting time here in Sports land. Have we finally reached the tipping point of cheating in baseball and cycling? Will the NFL tone down their players before an actual on field death happens? Do we finally understand that our professional athletes are the role models for our children and will now hold them accountable for their actions?

One can only hope so.

You gotta think people in the fromt office may know KNOW...but they know. I'm not saying that Walt did anything shady, but I also dont buy it when managers and GMs claim complete ignorance

Turn Off Ads?