Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 All Star game to GABP

Re: 2015 All Star game to GABP

Much deserved, I would say.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That's great! I went the last time it was in Cincy in 1988. I would encourage anyone that has the opportunity to go to this. It's a great experience. Go early and take in the batting practice and all the festivities. My brother got a batting practice HR ball off the bat of Dave Winfield. The game was boring though. Little excitement in it. Also now they have a Fan fest the weekend before the game. I went to the one in Baltimore in the 90's and its a great event to go to also.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 01-22-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I am so stoked right now. I'll be there of course.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

WKU Hilltoppers

Been to the All-Star game in both St. Louis and Kansas City. It's a great time. If you are coming from out of town get your hotel reservations in order well in advance. The game is great but nothing beats the Home Run Derby. Tickets to the HR Derby include tickets to workout day where you get to watch every player in the game take batting practice. Tickets in the outfield will be the place to be. FanFest is also an excellent event. Tons of free stuff to do and get for any age. Too much to do in one day at FanFest. Hope to see lots for Retired Reds signing Autographs.

Now if Bud would just throw in an announcement that he is reinstating Pete Rose.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base
    --Dave Barry

So, Jay Bruce should be in the HR derby right?

Re: 2015 All Star game to GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    The throw did not "easily beat Rose." Fosse was blocking the basepath without the ball and Rose and the baseball reached Fosse at about the same time. The ball didn't come "loose" because Rose plowed into Fosse before he had possession of the baseball.
    Great news about the 2015 All Star game.
    Technically, Pete could have been ruled safe at the instant he made contact with Fosse. The catcher has no right to obstruct the base line. He can only block the plate if and only if he has the ball. In this case, he was blocking the base line AND he did not have the ball.

Re: 2015 All Star game to GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Technically, Pete could have been ruled safe at the instant he made contact with Fosse. The catcher has no right to obstruct the base line. He can only block the plate if and only if he has the ball. In this case, he was blocking the base line AND he did not have the ball.
    Not true.

If the fielder is making a play on the ball he can block the basepath.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

And Dusty will be named NL manager in about 21 months.
    Where we gonna go?

Yawn..............

I will only celecbrate this game if Pud uses it to announce that he is lifting the ruling on Pete Rose. Let the writers vote. I think that they showed good judgement this year.

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 01-22-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I like events that showcase our city.

It's like going to a movie that was filmed in Cincy and see all kinds of locations. Clooney's recent political film did that. It was kind of cool.

Also will be cool to see celebrities wandering around.

And I have huge faith in Castellini to put on a great week for all involved.

This is extremely exciting news!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

It doesn't seem fair to have the ASG in Cincinnati on the heels of two straight World Championships.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 01-23-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    It doesn't seem fair to have the ASG in Cincinnati on the heals of two straight World Championships.
    If we still had rep...
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I've never even lived in Cincinnati and I'm very excited about this. My wife and I are already making tentative vacation plans for July 2015.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    It doesn't seem fair to have the ASG in Cincinnati on the heals of two straight World Championships.
    Post of the year!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?