Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 All Star game to GABP

Re: 2015 All Star game to GABP

When it was here in St. Louis, it was fun seeing all the festivities around it. They tend to last all year long. Congrats to Cincy for getting the 2015 All Star Game!

2. Turn Off Ads?

What in the sam hill is this bombastic faux Star Wars music underscoring the press conference on the streaming feed?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    What in the sam hill is this bombastic faux Star Wars music underscoring the press conference on the streaming feed?
    Someone is asleep at the wheel on this annoying music!
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

I'm more or less convinced at this point that Bud Selig is an animatronic pez dispenser.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That's great! I went the last time it was in Cincy in 1988. I would encourage anyone that has the opportunity to go to this. It's a great experience. Go early and take in the batting practice and all the festivities. My brother got a batting practice HR ball off the bat of Dave Winfield. The game was boring though. Little excitement in it. Also now they have a Fan fest the weekend before the game. I went to the one in Baltimore in the 90's and its a great event to go to also.
    I was in town, but poor as a church mouse so I didn't even attempt

I did go in 1971... 22 future HOF at that game (and Pete)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Ma..._All-Star_Game

I was actually on the field for the pregame show for the 88 game. They sent us home before the game started, but I was actually on the field (right center field) during player introductions, with guys like Boggs, Mattingly, Larkin, Sabo, Danny Jackson, Dwight Gooden, Frank Viola and many others on the same field. Viola & Gooden were warming up in the bullpens, and I seem to remember seeing their big legkicks. For some reason, seeing others like Canseco & McGwire does not stand out to me as much as the ones I named above (the Reds for obvious reasons.)

That was really cool but I guess I'll have to try to find a ticket to the 2015 event

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Bud Selig = Darth Vader?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm watching a stream on fox19.com and it's working fine, with no annoying music.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I actually got to listen to the press conference at work (yay for headphones ) and even though I knew it was coming, I still got chills hearing the official announcement about the All Star Game. What an exciting day! Congrats to the Reds and the city of Cincinnati!! I'm ready to see our city shine!

/end cheesy comments
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Bud announced it, I fist pumped

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bud announced it, I fist pumped
    I think that's the first time in the history of baseball where Selig said something and one could claim they fist pumped over what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think that's the first time in the history of baseball where Selig said something and one could claim they fist pumped over what he said.
    It will happen again when he finally says, "I am retiring."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Second time

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Bud Selig = Darth Vader?
    Bud Selig=Jar Jar Binks
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Re: 2015 All Star game to GABP?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Doesn't look like anything of substance to me. Just rampant speculation on the part of the author IMO.

Not that I don't want the Reds to get the ASG, but I think every franchise should have a turn and IIRC there are some that have NEVER had it yet.

Marlins & Rays have never hosted it. The Nats haven't (although they did as the Expos). The Dodgers haven't had one since 1980.

Dodgers, Nats, A's and the Marlins and Rays should have first dibs before the Reds if all things are fair.
    Indeed.

Turn Off Ads?