When's the earliest the tickets will go on sale for the All Star Game?
Most Vottomatic Player
I'm glad I got the tickets, as the workouts were canceled because of rain and I would have seriously been bummed out about missing that.
Reds Fan Since 1971
This is going to be one hot ticket to get. Your best bet is to get season tickets. With that in mind, the Reds will see a nice bump in season ticket sales.
Reading about the key role BCast played in getting the AS game and reading about his role in re-starting the Banks project and, oh yeah, the major building up a successful Reds team, I've decided Castellin is a great owner. Like name the stadium after him kind of great.
With all the changes downtown, and those that should come before July 2015, this will be Cincinnati's coming-out party.
- The Banks phase 1 is complete and construction on Phase 2 (hundreds of new apartments, new shops and restaurants) will start later this year
- the riverfront park will extend from the Suspension Bridge east past GABP to Sawyer Point; by 2015 the park will extend west of the bridge
- a new hotel should be built at The Banks directly next to GABP; new hotels are also slated for the old Enquirer building on Vine (construction starts later this year) and a new Holiday Inn tower at Seventh and Sycamore; the Hyatt will be completely renovated
- the dunnhumby USA headquarters and corresponding shops and restaurants will be open at Fifth and Race
- condos/apartments are slated for the air space above Fountain Place Macy's
- OTR redevelopment will be 2.5 years further along with the addition of hundreds of new residences at Mercer Commons and elsewhere
- the old brownstones at Third and Main (directly across FWW from GABP) have been bought by 3CDC and will be converted into residential with first-floor retail
- the downtown Horseshoe Casino (complete with Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Cafe ) will be open
- the streetcar will hopefully be rolling (crossing fingers this can be fast-tracked from its projected early 2016 debut to mid-summer 2015)
This is an exciting time to live in Cincinnati, no doubt.
Late chime-in, but am really happy about this.
Even the HR Derby will be interesting finally, and assume a Red will finally take part (Bruce, Votto) in it.
The timing couldn't be better. Not only are the Reds winning a lot, but they have a huge event on the horizon that will put them even more on the national map when they host the All-Star Game in 2015. It's one thing to provide a comfortable venue for fans to enjoy during the regular season. Stakes are raised when anticipating a surplus of games in October and an event that brings all of baseball together for three days in the middle of the season. In that respect, the Reds are prepared.
The Castellini ownership team came in and closely surveyed every inch. What it found was a nice place that was somewhat shortchanged because of circumstances involving the Cincinnati Bengals, whose stadium was the first of two publicly-funded venues approved by Cincinnatians in the mid to late 1990s. The Bengals' stadium construction ran at least $40 million over budget. The Reds, who, unlike the Bengals, accepted financial responsibility for any overruns, had stricter guidelines to adhere to. That meant fewer bells and whistles.
"You can imagine the last $40 million of a $400 million project is all the cool stuff," Castellini said.
Next up: exploit what they have right now.
"We look forward to creating areas in the park that are really going to represent the accomplishments of the current Reds teams," Castellini said. "The 'New Red Machine.'"
Add to that the booming nightlife literally right outside the stadium gates, and Cincinnati is right there with many other Major League cities that offer the total package. Namely, The Banks is a hopping area, with a slew of bars and restaurants a stone's throw from the ballpark.
Bruce is the more likely candidate to be in the HR derby. Votto just isn't a good fit for that event.
Reds Fan Since 1971
Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.