Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 All-Star Game to Cincy?!?!?

Re: 2015 All-Star Game to Cincy?!?!?

I am excited about this. I would have been five the last time Cincy hosted one. My son will be three by this time to bad he wouldn't be a couple of years older.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    Its about damn time. That stadium isn't even new anymore. Pirates, Cardinals, Houston, Giants, and detroit all got their all star games in the same decade their stadiums were built. Cincy should have got the all star game 4 years ago
    Yeah, that.

Weren't they initially promised it within 5 years or so of building GABP?

Can't wait, I'm pretty psyched about it. From the sound of the potential ticket prices, it may have to be the fam summer vacation.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Sweet! Can't wait for that.

Yeah, I think I'll be making the investment in tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post
    Good to see it coming to Cincy bafore it goes to Miami.
    I'm happy for all of you fans, you do deserve it!
    Completely agree. Miami should not be in consideration. It is not a baseball town and the owners, well, despite their WS wins, their history speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Completely agree. Miami should not be in consideration. It is not a baseball town and the owners, well, despite their WS wins, their history speaks for itself.
    Loria has no respect for the fans or the city, he fleeced a tax-built stadim crying poverty and that he had no money to pay for it, then spent over $100 million in payroll...that is until they started the season poorly..then he traded away everybody except stanton.....MLB needs to step in.....new owners and ban him from owning a team again...i would say force the team to move, but that would screw over the people in Miami paying for that ugly albatross of a stadium (even more than they have been)......

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlessp View Post
    Loria has no respect for the fans or the city, he fleeced a tax-built stadim crying poverty and that he had no money to pay for it, then spent over $100 million in payroll...that is until they started the season poorly..then he traded away everybody except stanton.....MLB needs to step in.....new owners and ban him from owning a team again...i would say force the team to move, but that would screw over the people in Miami paying for that ugly albatross of a stadium (even more than they have been)......
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This X a gazillion!^^^^^^^^^^^

The debacle that is the Marlins franchise hurts the other 29 MLB teams - it is a sham that HAS to end IMO. As much as I am in favor of the free market system in this country, disrespectful actions like this need to be taken care of.

I'm thinking Mike Marino and his "2 guys from Jersey" approach right now...

I guess MLB finally felt sorry for us and the stadium. Thanks Mr. Linder.

Glad it is going to be in Cincy but I would rather spend big money on a post season game. Would be cool to go to though.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Glad it is going to be in Cincy but I would rather spend big money on a post season game. Would be cool to go to though.

As an out of town fan, I agree. But the entire weekend of activities and spotlight on baseball and Cincinnati certainly is a boon for the town and team.

btw, anybody who has missed it should check out the redleg nation memeber reports on the Reds Caravan stops. Some fun stuff, and glad to see it here as I won't be driving for any of those events -- but sure makes me ready for baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I agree to a degree, but that being said an All Star game in your city is more rare than a playoff game. Even with our rich history of playoff appearances in the last twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    the home run derby will be insane. unlike some years when some people get no home runs everyone will and a lot of them.
    They are going to be gunning for the river. At least out of the stadium.

Have any balls besides Dunn's epic blast that landed on the driftwood in the Ohio ever gone out of the stadium?

^

I'm almost certain the answer to your question is no.

Turn Off Ads?