Thread: Reds sign Armando Galarraga

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Reds sign Armando Galarraga

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    This signing is almost perfect.
    :O) Nice.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sadly, it took me about a minute to get the joke.

I was close to quoting and asking.

I was nearly over-Joyce-d at figuring out my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Sadly, it took me about a minute to get the joke.

I was close to quoting and asking.

I was nearly over-Joyce-d at figuring out my mistake.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I read the title of this thread quickly and was thinking Andres Galarraga and was trying to wrap my head around that one

6. Likes:

KySteveH (03-08-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I read the title of this thread quickly and was thinking Andres Galarraga and was trying to wrap my head around that one
    I hear Julio Franco is looking for work.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    lol. That is probably more (unfortunately in reverse) suitable for Volquez for Hamilton. Glad I was kinda young for both of those. And probably a good thing that RZ did not exist!

Your point is good. Perez was getting older, but Woodie Fryman (ugh). Robinson goes without saying. Might have something to do with (lack of) civil rights rather than baseball.

But to be fair Texas had some good pitching on those WS teams. I am never in favor of giving up proven starter talent for position players. Only a really good catcher might be my exception.
    fwiw I'm against trading Homer on principle.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Haunted by walks

Does Galarraga get the Dontrelle Willis slot?

Maybe pitching is not as important as I thought. Tell the SF Giants that.
    Dirty secret of the 2012 San Francisco Giants - they won with offense. It doesn't look that way at first blush because their park radically skews their numbers, but their offense was among the best in MLB while their pitching was a little below average.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Dirty secret of the 2012 San Francisco Giants - they won with offense. It doesn't look that way at first blush because their park radically skews their numbers, but their offense was among the best in MLB while their pitching was a little below average.
    I will not argue. But I guess the sudden emergence of Zito and Lincecum in the post-season swayed my thought-pattern.

I will not argue. But I guess the sudden emergence of Zito and Lincecum in the post-season swayed my thought-pattern.
    No doubt, those two stepping up in October made a huge difference.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Both the teams the Giants played CHOKED and gave it to them. That series STILL hurts. The wrap up game rivals the Gru Bowl and Snow Job as angriest I've ever been. How did we hijack this thread? Hopefully this sign will gmive us a near perfect plan b. (yes I know been used once)
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

With ESPN.com finally announcing the signing of Galarraga today, it got me wondering this:

Has anyone mentioned the fact that when Galarraga pitched his (almost) perfect game, the guy who was called safe at 1st was Jason Donald, who, coincidentally, would be Galarraga's teammate should they both make the team?

Not a big deal, but interesting nonetheless.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

16. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-08-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Good article. Armando seems like one of the good guys, and his actions right after the blown call were pretty much the best one could hope to do. It's tough not to root for a guy like that.

If anyone can get him throwing well again, it's Bryan Price. I have supreme confidence in that man. The chances of our rotation being as healthy as they were last year are pretty low, and having A.G. as a #7 or #8 depth starter isn't the worst plan a team has ever had. Not too long ago he would have been an ace or #2 at worst on our staff.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...undup-4-16-13/

Reds lost an apparent insurance policy when right-hander Armando Galarraga left Monday’s AAA game with an apparent arm injury in the fourth inning.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?