Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

  1. #1
    Hot Stove Season HotCorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    2,179

    Chris Carpenter DFA'ed



    Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat
    RHP Chris Carpenter, traded to RedSox as part of Theo compensation, designated for assignment. #Cubs

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    The rest is drama. marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the woods, with a shovel
    Posts
    5,149

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Reds should sign him just to confuse people.

  4. #3
    Hot Stove Season HotCorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Reds should sign him just to confuse people.

  5. #4
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Reds should sign him just to confuse people.
    How would I explain that to my son?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  6. #5
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,145

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    How would I explain that to my son?
    The only time I have ever actually said "How do I explain that to my son?", was when he started asking questions about Mantei Teo. My first thought was what would Chris Carpenter say?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  7. #6
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The only time I have ever actually said "How do I explain that to my son?", was when he started asking questions about Mantei Teo. My first thought was what would Chris Carpenter say?
    Carpenter would have accused a middle infielder of being Manti Teo's girlfriend the first time a ground ball got through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #7
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Carpenter would have accused a middle infielder of being Manti Teo's girlfriend the first time a ground ball got through.
    What does WMR stand for? Weapons of Mass Reconstruction?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  9. #8
    The rest is drama. marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the woods, with a shovel
    Posts
    5,149

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    What does WMR stand for? Weapons of Mass Reconstruction?
    Walter Mondale Rocks. He has to abbreviate because it's political, and because he's embarrassed that Mondale never panned out and ended up playing in Japan.

  10. #9
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Walter Mondale Rocks. He has to abbreviate because it's political, and because he's embarrassed that Mondale never panned out and ended up playing in Japan.
    Now that is funny!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  11. #10
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Walter Mondale Rocks. He has to abbreviate because it's political, and because he's embarrassed that Mondale never panned out and ended up playing in Japan.


    holy crap that's funny.

    It was an homage to the player responsible for the most famous "Can we rework his contract so he can be sent to the minor leagues" debate in Reds history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #11
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Chris Carpenter DFA'ed

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post


    holy crap that's funny.

    It was an homage to the player responsible for the most famous "Can we rework his contract so he can be sent to the minor leagues" debate in Reds history.
    Wily Mo Coyote, Super Genius.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25