Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of market fans

Out of market fans

How do you guys keep up with and/or watch the Reds? I'll be moving out of market this summer (Clemson, SC) and am looking for tips to survive.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Out of market fans

MLB extra innings.
    MLB.tv
    700wlw online radio

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    How do you guys keep up with and/or watch the Reds? I'll be moving out of market this summer (Clemson, SC) and am looking for tips to survive.
    If you can afford it, MLB.TV is awesome

im not going to get "in trouble" for giving out an illegal site again...so ill just say use google to your advantage. there are plenty of streaming sites to live stream games

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    MLB extra innings.
    MLB.tv
    700wlw online radio

Correcting me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain MLB.com owns the rights to each broadcast, which prohibits any other live streaming. Therefore, to listen to the games, you'll have to subscribe through MLB.com which is a yearly fee.

700WLW does have quite the broadcast reach, so maybe you will still be within bounds to listen on an actual radio?

Quote Originally Posted by osuredleg24 View Post
    If you can afford it, MLB.TV is awesome
    I'm trying to find details and really all I've found is that their offseason package was 24.99. It looks like it'll probably be in the neighborhood of $130 for the whole season -- is that correct?

I'm trying to find details and really all I've found is that their offseason package was 24.99. It looks like it'll probably be in the neighborhood of $130 for the whole season -- is that correct?
    I'm not sure, but it depends on what you want.

If you're only interested in radio access, I'm pretty sure it's around $30 or so for the year.

Get an XM Satellite Radio receiver. You cannot get MLB on a SIRIUS radio receiver for your car.

I have had XM radio for 8 years.

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sate...=SXM%2FWrapper
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

MLB Tv 1st (only if you are out of market for the Reds - I have it for other teams)

XM radio 2nd

MLB app for my iPhone 3rd -- you can listen to the games thru it
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I'm trying to find details and really all I've found is that their off season package was 24.99. It looks like it'll probably be in the neighborhood of $130 for the whole season -- is that correct?
    You can get 3 different packages through MLB.tv for varying prices. The whole season package will give you 95% of live broadcasts (they can't provide fox Saturday afternoon broadcasts although that usually means you can get them on FOX if you are on the eastern side of the US). It is an awesome package that I have used for several years. You can watch the broadcasts on your pc or on your phone through MLB at Bat app and I have never really had much trouble with it. I believe last year this cost $120.

For somewhere around $99 you can get live streaming of all games but it takes away a lot of your extra features along with the mobile app.

And if you just want radio, I believe you can get 700 wlw broadcasts for every game that goes for somewhere around 19.99 for the year.

I think it is honestly the best way to go to catch Reds games from out of market, not to mention you can watch any other game across the country as well (perfect when something historic is happening like a no hitter or extra inning game).
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

I've been reading the Cincy Enquirer since I was in college at Miami U. Now it seems they want me to subscribe for $10 a month. So much for Fay and all. I'll just stick with this and yahoo.

As far as games go, you can do the Comcast baseball package and get almost every game. It costs about $160 for the year, but if you factor in going to see the games you really want at a bar, that's a bargain. Only thing that sucks is that no matter what lies they tell you, I've never gotten a game in HD. The difference is quite amazing. But it's still great to watch your team living in Atlanta.

that sounds about right..

I believe the Premium is about $20 more ( Regular is about $100)? Which gives you access to visitor and home feed, dvr capabilities, being able to watch it other places (xbox, mobile, etc)

XM radio and MLB Extra Innings does the trick.

Also, send me a msg about Clemson if you want, have several friends there who work at the University and even know a couple of Reds fans there, too.

btw Lex, you ever on scout board too?

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

I love MLB extra innings, but it is costly. I have Directv and it is awesome to watch every game in HD. Also nice to tape each game and watch when I'm ready instead of game time.

I check and track the baseball scores via ESPN, MLB.com and this site as soon as I wake and throughout the morning; EST games are final by lunch over here.

Turn Off Ads?