Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out of market fans

Re: Out of market fans

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    +1 on the Roku. It seems to work better than the PS3 for me. The PS3 video seemed to cut in and out for me. And it's does a lot of other stuff too. Highly recommended.
    I want to know more about the Roku or Apple TV. THinking about switching to it & dropping cable & subscribing to one of the MLB packages.

THe problem is that I am IN market, so the way I am reading the "fine print", I will only get the Reds away game, none of the home games.

Please chime in if you know of a way to get the HOME games thru a Roku/Apple TV?? Or any other tidbits that'll help..
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    I want to know more about the Roku or Apple TV. THinking about switching to it & dropping cable & subscribing to one of the MLB packages.

THe problem is that I am IN market, so the way I am reading the "fine print", I will only get the Reds away game, none of the home games.

Please chime in if you know of a way to get the HOME games thru a Roku/Apple TV?? Or any other tidbits that'll help..
    Home and away games are both blacked out until 90 minutes or so after the completion of the game.

I may get MLBTV this year and use my laptop to watch. I was wondering how if anyone has Verizon Fios and view games this way? If so, is there a lot of buffering? I was hoping to be able to hook my laptop to my TV via a HDMI connection.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Sports Bars for the games. Occasional streaming if I dont want to go to the bar. For info I check sites like these and the internet news sites. I always go atleast one game when the Reds are in SF as well.

Quote Originally Posted by El Bacalao View Post
    I always go atleast one game when the Reds are in SF as well.
    True that... I'll definitely try to make it to ATL for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I may get MLBTV this year and use my laptop to watch. I was wondering how if anyone has Verizon Fios and view games this way? If so, is there a lot of buffering? I was hoping to be able to hook my laptop to my TV via a HDMI connection.
    It all depends on your internet connection speeds. Personally, I have decently fast wifi through Comcast and rarely have any problems with buffering. It looks about as good quality-wise as a non HD connection when projecting it to the tv through HDMI. On my laptop, it is closer to HD quailty, but it just depends on the game and how fast your internet is that day. I do not think you will regret getting the MLB.tv package.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-07-2013)

I mostly use ESPN's gamecenter. Besides that I rely on WGN airing the Cubs/Reds games + whatever I can get from ESPN and MLBN.

A couple years ago I ordered the NHL center ice package which on Comcast shares channels with the MLB package. After the hockey season someone at the cable company forgot to turn off those channels and I had the MLB package for nearly three quarters of the season.

Does anyone have any experience using MLB TV on Apple TV? I live in within the Reds FSN broadcast range, however, I was thinking about using the app to watch other games around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by nheath22 View Post
    It all depends on your internet connection speeds. Personally, I have decently fast wifi through Comcast and rarely have any problems with buffering. It looks about as good quality-wise as a non HD connection when projecting it to the tv through HDMI. On my laptop, it is closer to HD quailty, but it just depends on the game and how fast your internet is that day. I do not think you will regret getting the MLB.tv package.
    Thanks!. If I need to I can boost my speed through Verizon. Just have find out how that will cost me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I know a friend of college likes to watch Braves games in Richmond VA on apple tv. It does seem that apple tv is less glitchy than trying go through SONY PS3 or some of the other mlb.tv options. Just check the blackout rules. The territory restrictions for teams even apply if you can't get the games from your local cable company.

I know in western nc, you can get FSOhio on Direct TV channel 661 if you have one of choice/premium packages. I have cable but most of the local bars and pizza joints get this channel if they have direct tv.

Turn Off Ads?