Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are? It's so cold that...

How cold is it where you are? It's so cold that...

My dog said "no, thanks" when I tried to take him out after dinner. Weather channel says it's 8 degrees here, that sounds warmer than it feels.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How cold is it where you are? It's so cold that...

A balmy 14 here in Toronto, looking at a low of 3 tomorrow night in Brighton, ON, where I'll be on business. Makes me long for the tropical 32 degree temps I left behind in VA.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Got to 28 the other night, that's about as cold as it will get this winter, the rains back and it will be in the 40s the rest of the week

Daffodils starting to show

It's around 70. You guys really need to get indoor heating. Either that or stop posting from outside in the winter.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

A few years back I ran a trail race in January. It was a 5 mile race with a mile stretch around a lake. It was about 4 degrees with high winds. Wind chill was around 15 below. The guy who won the race wore running shorts. I figured he had to win just to get out of the cold faster.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

12 in Sterling Virginia yesterday morning. 18 this morning with about a half inch of snow on the ground and still lightly snowing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It's currently 21 degrees in Cincinnati, but it's been colder than that the past few days.

We were -14F this morning but we tend to stay warmer as we are on the side of a hill and the coldest air sinks below us. It will often be ten degrees colder just a mile or two from the house. Here at work it was -22 F this morning. It has warmed all the way up to 2 at the moment. The warmest it was yesterday was -1.5.

When I put in my run yesterday, it was -4F. I bundled up and it was fine.

Here are some temps from my area a few hours ago:
    Last edited by klw; 01-24-2013 at 11:48 AM.

it's cold enough that when field dressing a rabbit this morning that it was like cutting into a block of ice after about 20 minutes.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    We were -14F this morning but we tend to stay warmer as we are on the side of a hill and the coldest air sinks below us. It will often be ten degrees colder just a mile or two from the house. Here at work it was -22 F this morning. It has warmed all the way up to 2 at the moment. The warmest it was yesterday was -1.5.

When I put in my run yesterday, it was -4F. I bundled up and it was fine.

Here are some temps from my area a few hours ago:
    Are you in Burlington? I lived, until recently, just outside Plattsburgh, NY for a few years, right across the lake from Burlington. I absolutely love that area (both sides of the lake) and can see myself moving back someday. I even loved the winters and all the snow. I'm missing it right now.

71 but will get down to 46 tonight

It's 20 in Chicago at the moment, but we were close to zero for much of the last few days.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    it's cold enough that when field dressing a rabbit this morning that it was like cutting into a block of ice after about 20 minutes.
    Look, rabbits are animals that have fur and are meant to survive outside in cold weather. Just because the temperature dropped below freezing doesn't mean you have to go out in the field and start putting clothes on animals!
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Look, rabbits are animals that have fur and are meant to survive outside in cold weather. Just because the temperature dropped below freezing doesn't mean you have to go out in the field and start putting clothes on animals!

actually i go out to my hutch in the garage. usually with mittens, rabbits like mittens.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I hocked a loogie on a bush last night, and it's still there, frozen and dangling.

Turn Off Ads?