Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training - Places to see/eat/drink

Re: Spring Training - Places to see/eat/drink

Outside of the eats and drinks .... for those who have been ... I'm considering taking my 10 and 13 year old boys next year for their Spring Break. Will there be enough to see and do? or is a week a bit long for kids to sit and watch practice and and scrimmages? I live in Cincy so we get them to about 10 games per year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am going to be in AZ on business and want to catch a game. The best night for me to go to the park is March 6th. The schedule says Reds vs. Canada's WBC team. Does anyone have any details about this game? It would be pretty cool to see the Reds play against a Votto-led Canada team.

Just spent my first day in Goodyear. A diehard baseball fan's dream. The Reds training complex is amazing. Went to the complex around 10 am and got to watch all the big names take BP. Joey, Brandon, Jay, Choo, Todd, everyone. I even got a rare Votto-hit foul ball that I'm going to try and get autographed tomorrow. Watched a lot of them doing some running drills and training.

Was incredibly impressed with Homer's build. Looks like he's put on even more muscle over the offseason and is in great shape.

The game was really fun to watch in itself. Choo was really impressive hitting and looked really natural in CF. Billy Hamilton is just a freak of nature. Watching him run the bases was worth the trip in itself. Also got to shake hands and thank Bob Castellini for all he's done for the organization. He was sitting a few rows in front of me.

Overall could not have had a better experience, and still have two days left before I have to fly back to cold Ohio.
    This is the year.

^ I am jealous Luke! I miss going to ST, I could make it to FL most years, but AZ is a long drive. Last time I went to FL for ST, I bought my tix before the game and ended up sitting next to Chief Bender, which was an awesome experience to hear his thoughts on players!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSho View Post
    Just spent my first day in Goodyear. A diehard baseball fan's dream. The Reds training complex is amazing. Went to the complex around 10 am and got to watch all the big names take BP. Joey, Brandon, Jay, Choo, Todd, everyone. I even got a rare Votto-hit foul ball that I'm going to try and get autographed tomorrow. Watched a lot of them doing some running drills and training.

Was incredibly impressed with Homer's build. Looks like he's put on even more muscle over the offseason and is in great shape.

The game was really fun to watch in itself. Choo was really impressive hitting and looked really natural in CF. Billy Hamilton is just a freak of nature. Watching him run the bases was worth the trip in itself. Also got to shake hands and thank Bob Castellini for all he's done for the organization. He was sitting a few rows in front of me.

Overall could not have had a better experience, and still have two days left before I have to fly back to cold Ohio.
    Keep 'em coming. Better post than when you get in the "feel good" stories in the fishwrap.

Turn Off Ads?