Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Baseball America Reds Top 10

2013 Baseball America Reds Top 10

If this isn't allowed, then remove it:
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2013 Baseball America Reds Top 10

I agree with 1-6, but 7-10 are interesting news to me.

If I may borrow from texasdave's running Redszone tally:

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani
    4) Daniel Corcino
    5) Jesse Winker
    6) Nick Travieso
    7) Henry Rodriguez
    8) Ismael Guillon
    9) Yorman Rodriguez
    10) Tanner Rahier

The most interesting aspects of this to me are that Hoover is still deemed eligible for their list but we were not considering him as prospect eligible anymore and that Reynoso is in at 9 but has not even been a vote option yet on our list. We probably should add Reynoso to the discussion for #11 and beyond due to his inclusion on the BA list.

I guess Reynoso is to the 2013 list that Gregorious was to the 2012 list. If I am remembering correctly Gregorious was a "surprise" addition to the second half of the top ten last year.

Here is our thread on last year's BA list (pretrades) for comparison:
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...+didi+prospect
    Last edited by klw; 01-08-2013 at 09:47 AM.

this year's list compared to their pretrade BA ranking last year, Stephenson and Corcino would have moved up two by the trades and 6 guys ahead of Cingrani have been traded.
    1. Hamilton (#2)
    2. Stephenson (#7)
    3. Cingrani (#15)
    4. Corcino (#6)
    5. Travieso (not yet drafted)
    6. Winker (Not yet drafted)
    7. Hoover (with Braves)
    8. Guillon (unranked)
    9. Reynoso (unranked)
    10 Langfield (not yet drafted)

Comparing Winker to Bruce and calling him a potential #3 hitter on a contender is very exciting indeed. I know there's some good pitchers ahead of him on the list, but it's nice to see a solid position player coming through the ranks.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Reynoso and Langfield being that high is what raises my eyebrows a bit.

I know Reynoso was the most interesting non-pitcher in the AZL, but didn't imagine anyone would rank him ahead of either of the Rodriguezes, or this year's draftees (Gelalich and Rahier) given the way BA loves recent draftees.

I guess they are banking on Langfield being this year's Cingrani, which would be great. I wonder if that means Moscot would be #11 on their list?

Regardless, I think it's pretty clear there's the first four, the two kids, and then everyone else. Will be interesting to see what the bottom half of list looks like at midseason.
    Go BLUE!!!

I feel like this isn't ok? Either way, I'm intrigued by Reynoso. I don't pay too much attention AZL, so this is the first I've even heard of him.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yeah, that isn't allowed. You could probably leave up the list of 10 guys, but the scouting reports is over the top for paid content. I assume you got this out of the magazine.

As for Hoover being on the list, it kind of bums me out. Not that he wouldn't deserve to be, but that he isn't actually a prospect at this point. He spent more than 45 days on the 25 man roster before September rolled around, making him not eligible for the ROY in 2013, meaning he isn't a prospect. So we kind of got jipped on an extra prospect.

To soon for me with Reynoso to be this high.

Also worth noting that here is why we need to take the league rankings with caution. Guillon was ranked 20th in the Pioneer League. That ranked behind two guys he is ahead of here and a third guy, had he thrown another inning, would have been ahead of him as well (Langfield, Moscot and Gelalich).

You're allowed to say J.J. Hoover is a prospect. In a similar way, Devin Mesoraco is a prospect, too. It's a subjective term. Not everyone views players the way you do, Doug. But you're right about one thing--they're not rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    You're allowed to say J.J. Hoover is a prospect. In a similar way, Devin Mesoraco is a prospect, too. It's a subjective term. Not everyone views players the way you do, Doug. But you're right about one thing--they're not rookies.
    BA doesn't consider time spent on the roster as a disqualification. I guess it makes the job easier to not have to go count the days, but really, how often does that come into play? Hoover and Jordan Smith are the only guys I can recall it happening with in the last 8 years. Seems silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Still kind of lame. Would've been nice to see someone we haven't seen pitch a half a season in the big leagues already.

It's funny how similar Corcino's scouting report is to Cueto. They might as well as have just copy and pasted that from 2007.
    Last edited by Superdude; 01-08-2013 at 02:02 PM.

List is now online.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614529.html

Chat online at 1:30

I enjoyed this:
    PROJECTED 2016
    LINEUP
    Code:
    Catcher	        Devin Mesoraco
    First Base	Joey Votto
    Second Base	Brandon Phillips
    Third Base	Todd Frazier
    Shortstop	Zack Cozart
    Left Field	Shin-Soo Choo
    Center Field	Billy Hamilton
    Right Field	Jay Bruce
    No. 1 Starter	Johnny Cueto
    No. 2 Starter	Aroldis Chapman
    No. 3 Starter	Mat Latos
    No. 4 Starter	Robert Stephenson
    No. 5 Starter	Homer Bailey
    Closer	        Daniel Corcino
    Last edited by klw; 01-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Best Strike Zone Discipline Josh Fellhauer

I like this guy

Turn Off Ads?