Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: We are not mocking the Cubs enough

Re: We are not mocking the Cubs enough

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I suppose I just don't have the disdain for the Cubs that others here have. Maybe it's because I have such a soft spot for that city.
    I had no problem with the Cubs and their fans until I lived three blocks from Wrigley Field.

The city has another team that I'm perfectly happy to support.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I had no problem with the Cubs and their fans until I lived three blocks from Wrigley Field.

Nope, they are boring (always have been) and Hawk Harrelson is the worlds most obnoxious ex player

Pass

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-27-2014), Big Klu (06-27-2014), Tom Servo (06-27-2014), traderumor (06-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nope, they are boring (always have been) and Hawk Harrelson is the worlds most obnoxious ex player

Pass
    Their fans are fantastic. Knowledgeable, respectful, and one of the few largely working-class fanbases left. They have generational fan history as much as any other team, but you never hear about it the way you do with the Cubs or the Red Sox or the Cardinals. And the Veeck years were anything but boring.

Also, Bo Jackson. I don't know why I associate Bo Jackson more with the White Sox than any other team but I do.

6. Likes:

Always Red (06-27-2014)

Their fans are fantastic. Knowledgeable, respectful, and one of the few largely working-class fanbases left. They have generational fan history as much as any other team, but you never hear about it the way you do with the Cubs or the Red Sox or the Cardinals. And the Veeck years were anything but boring.

Also, Bo Jackson. I don't know why I associate Bo Jackson more with the White Sox than any other team but I do.
    The Veeck years a tear in a salted sea though.

Bo is always a Royal to me.

8. Likes:

Big Klu (06-27-2014), RedlegJake (06-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I suppose I just don't have the disdain for the Cubs that others here have. Maybe it's because I have such a soft spot for that city.
    It's possible to love a city and hate its teams. I live in Boston (and have for half of my life) and I can't stand the Red Sox. When it comes to the Cubs I've got a Benny Hill level of enjoyment with that team. Every time they get hit in the nuts, I laugh.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

10. Likes:

Chip R (06-28-2014), cincinnati chili (06-28-2014), RichRed (07-21-2014), Sabo Fan (07-22-2014), traderumor (06-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's possible to love a city and hate its teams. I live in Boston (and have for half of my life) and I can't stand the Red Sox. When it comes to the Cubs I've got a Benny Hill level of enjoyment with that team. Every time they get hit in the nuts, I laugh.
    "Yakety Sax" is the perfect soundtrack for the Cubs.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

12. Likes:

BoxingRed (06-27-2014)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I also love the White Sox, from the time I moved to Chicago in 1985 and was looking to satisfy my baseball itch, and the Reds were a hundred million miles away in those pre-internet days.

No way was I going to root for the Cubs, even though I lived a 20 minute walk away from Wrigley. Went to a bunch of games at both Wrigley and old Comiskey. Those were the Harold Baines/Ron Kittle/Ozzie Guillen days, with the Hawk and Don Drysdale doing TV. It was also when I finally came to terms with and began to love Carlton Fisk, who was maybe the toughest man in the game during his era. Drysdale and Harrelson together on TV was perhaps more entertaining than the game on the field, which of course has always been Harrelson's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Permabanned from RaisorZone!
    If Raisorzone has a problem with the city of Chicago, that toddlin town, you can doubledown on my permaban.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Two friends of mine used to live about a 5-10 minute walk from Wrigley. I loved visiting them, but i could see the downside to living as close as they did to Wrigley, let alone closer.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

17. Likes:

Benihana (07-20-2014)

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-30-2014), Big Klu (07-22-2014), BluegrassRedleg (07-23-2014), kaldaniels (07-22-2014), Razor Shines (07-23-2014), Tom Servo (07-22-2014)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Jack White Sad Cubs Face is producing some quality memes...

http://espn.go.com/blog/music/post/_...ching-the-cubs
    Rounding third and heading for home...

It's like they are trying to find the very few things on earth that I dislike more than that baseball team and adding them into the mix.

Sometimes I really feel like the Cubs are punking me.

23. Likes:

Big Klu (07-30-2014), SirFelixCat (07-31-2014), Tom Servo (09-08-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (09-08-2014)

Name:  mlbf_34924237_th_43.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  33.7 KB

Turn Off Ads?