Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Cards

Re: Baseball Cards

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    That Pecota card is epic. Sums up his career nicely. By the way, re: bad odds at retail, I pulled a Kevin Smith auto from a pack Of 2014 Allen & Ginter from Target. I love his movies and his comics, so I was pretty pumped.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If anyone is selling cards let me know. I am just a collector. I like to look at them. Not into selling or worrying about value.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-20-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    If anyone is selling cards let me know. I am just a collector. I like to look at them. Not into selling or worrying about value.
    I've got a few hundred thousand from the late 80's and early 90's in my basement.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-19-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I've got a few hundred thousand from the late 80's and early 90's in my basement.
    In the '90's, I'd go to about seven to 15 minor league games per year. I'd take a couple hundred with me as often as I could and would go up and down the aisles giving them away. That's how I got rid of mine.

With my MTG cards, in the mid late 90's, I gave my niece and two nephews two colors each of about 500-600 total for a Christmas present one year, and let them go to war with each other. They fought like cats and dogs already, so maybe this would be less violent. (It still left me with about 1000 MTG cards even after my sons had their own of about 1500 each.)

Don't know what you could do to get rid of a couple of hundred thousand.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What would you be asking for them. I would love the 80's cards.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

I probably have 50,000-75,000 cards from the 80's....couldn't really fathom a price.

I sold a couple 100 thousand 80s and 90s commons to a guy who shipped them to Canada to some company who packs them in the retail packs you see at Target. I pulled all the stars and rookie first so I still have all them. I think he paid me 2.00 for every 1000 cards. And I was happy to sell.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

If you are honestly interested, shoot me a PM.

I am selling over 50 complete sets on Craigslist Dayton right now. Getting a divorce and need the cash and don't want to move them. PM me or contact via craigslist if interested. https://dayton.craigslist.org/clt/4888565101.html
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

I thought that '89 Upper Deck set was farther up there in value...I guess you can order it on-line at Steel Cities Collectibles for $39.99...don't feel so bad about missing that one now...I have about 15,000-20,000 or so from '78-'92-ish. I had a lot of fun collecting them. I don't do anything with them now. I'm sure my son will love dealing with them when I am gone...

Bum

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

That Bip Roberts card should be Jay Bruce's pose for his 2014 season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    That Pecota card is epic. Sums up his career nicely. By the way, re: bad odds at retail, I pulled a Kevin Smith auto from a pack Of 2014 Allen & Ginter from Target. I love his movies and his comics, so I was pretty pumped.
    Brutal realism?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Ahh, baseball cards. What a nice memory from my youth. And I still have all my cards. My gem is the 1976 Topps set.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Ahh, baseball cards. What a nice memory from my youth. And I still have all my cards. My gem is the 1976 Topps set.
    As I've posted here before --- not such a great memory for me --- Off to college and Mom tosses all of my baseball cards and comic books --- boxes and boxes of later 1950's & 1960's --- as others have said -- she threw away a couple good houses --- ugh

I did forgive her -- I think
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

17. Likes:

jordan_tm (02-13-2015),Kingspoint (02-12-2015),Revering4Blue (01-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Market was flooded. I'd go back to one set of cards per season with no special cards for certain guys and I'd keep it to buying them in packs with bubble gum. Buying sets at a time took all the fun out of it that made it so popular in the first place.

No cards for minor leaguers or draftees either.
    I agree with this. Now that Fanatics has taken over the market, I just don't know anymore. Like you said, it needs to go back to the old way of collecting.

I know, I know, very old thread. But tonight I ripped a box of 87 Donruss that I bought off BBCExchange, and give that box a 3/5 personal rating. I started going through an 86 Topps box, but I give that a 1/5 experience because after a third of a box it's clear as day that the packs had been searched. Some of the wax sealing on the back, and the way the packs were sealed.

Who would bother searching a box of 1986 Topps? You'd probably get more money taking them down to the recycling station for the raw cardboard value

Turn Off Ads?