|06-15-2006, 01:23 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Miamisburg, OH
At the GABP 6/15
Hey guys went to the game today. I was at the game that started the losing streak and I was determined to end it. I have some notes:
1. The park was packed for a Businessman's Special. There were 27,000 in attendance, but it seemed like more. Lots of groups in the left field bleachers, but mostly kids who had to leave before the fireworks .
2. I went to the Team Shop to get an Arroyo t-shirt and they don't have them. You would think that this would be something that they should get on stat. I had to try to find a vendor outside. Finding an XXL is like finding a Kent Mercker fan in Cincinnati right now . I left shirtless.
3. I have said it before and I will say again: Elizardo reminds me of a poor man's Jose Rijo.
4. Greatest addition to the ballpark this year (other than Arroyo and Phillips ) has got to be LaRosa's Pizza. It was the perfect lunch.
5. Freel's catch was great. It garnered two standing ovations from the crowd.
6. The crowd was in good spirits, but did not appreciate some bad AB's from Lopez and Javy. We wanted this one bad.
7. I like Dunn. I like his majestic high HR that made my day. I need him to get the average up. Singles and doubles should be more than a trip to Wendy's for him.
8. Great team and fan celebration followed. I never can get anyone to to the "jump around" with me though.
9. Great day at the ballpark and I am putting my money where my mouth is. I like this team. I think consistency is our greatest flaw (bullpen etc..), but it can be learned.
Let's enjoy the day off and continue the new streak Friday.
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett
Last edited by flynn78; 06-15-2006 at 01:53 PM.