|10-29-2007, 07:20 PM||#31|
Posting in Dynarama
Join Date: Sep 2000
Re: dougdirt's top 40
doug, I like that you kept Wood in the top 10 despite his struggles. He didn't have a catastrophic injury and he should be back to pitching well next season.
I like the high ranking for Frazier. I'd have had him one slot higher even.
Good to see Roenicke in at #10. I'd be tempted to push him up to #6 or #7. Sounds like scouts are really bullish on him.
I'd have buried Mesoraco and Soto a lot lower on the list. As a general rule, I don't let anyone who's only played in the GCL or AZL into the top 10. I don't like to let guys from rookie and short-season leagues in there either, unless it's a guy like Frazier who flashed a premier stick.
Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong
I'm witchcrafting everybody.
|10-29-2007, 10:10 PM||#32|
Join Date: Jun 2002
Re: dougdirt's top 40
Here's my stab at a Top 40.
6. Frazier- great first year, has always been successful
7. Mesoraco- too much talent to move down
8. Wood- reluctantly at 8, his injuries are scaring me.
9. Watson- lots of talent, has totally dominated at times
10. Lotzkar- 17, lefty, heaves 93 mph
11. Fisher- this guy had it clicking for a big part of the season, dominated the whole first part of the year, and did well last year.
12. Rosales- had a monster statistical year
13. Maloney- his velocity (88 mph) scares me a bit, but this guy was untouchable with the Reds system. Ranked 9th in Phily system last year.
14. Francisco- great year, great talent, excellent power, tons of strikeouts.
15. Soto- young with great tools, great first year.
16. Roenicke- big power
17. Thompson- had a great early half of the year
18. Dorn- this guy can just hit and the power came this year.
19. Valaika- I like this guy but am very disappointed at his year in high A ball.
20. Lecure- this guy is a good pitcher and close to being very good.
21. Gardner- he came back strong after 2 years of injuries. Dominated up to AA. Struggled in AAA. Maybe he was tired. Velocity was still below where he was before the injury. If he gets a little more back, he will play for Cincy this year.
22. Waring- what a great year. Strikeouts scare me a little.
23. Perez- hit well this year, can catch with the best of them.
24. Gonzalez- his talent is strong, it was once called a tick below Homer Bailey by BA. Finally had a good year in low A but had low strikeouts.
25. Carroll- lots of velocity and hopefully potential
26. Viola- dominated last year. Completely dominated!!
27. Pelland- He'll play in Cincy next yr. Dramatically cut walks after moving to pen.
28. Justin Turner- has been a great hitter.
29. Dickerson- this guy is why I'm not high on prospects who strikeout alot. This guy is insanely talented but just can't make consistant contact.
30. Justin Reed- Made great strides this year.
31. K. Jones- Ditto
32. Sean Henry- prospect with Mets. very small for prospect
33. Heisey- has moved fast with speed and good hitting
34. McBeth- wasn't ready for the move to Cincy, hopefully he'll be ready this year if called.
35. Griffin- don't know why this guy doesn't get more respect. he plays well
36. Valiquette- still very young, lefty, had a great year, dramatically lowered his walks this year.
37. Tatum- may have turned the corner
38. Cozart- great glove, bat heated a little as the year moved on.
39. Janish- where did his bat go?
40. Guevera- one of my favorites. His 90 mph screwball strikes batters out with Rob Dibble efficiency.