|04-06-2008, 08:02 PM||#39|
Join Date: Apr 2000
Re: John Sickels - Cincinnati Reds Top 20
1) I would like to see Bailey be an ace, someday, it would be fantastic for the Reds.
2) However, I am unwilling to disbelieve my own eyes, to root for the kid.
3) Example? We all have now seen Cueto and Volquez
pitch. Every 2 seamer they throw *MOVES*. Every
one HB throws is *STRAIGHT* , although his height
provides for a steeper downward angle.
4) Both Cueto and Volquez are short striders, and their
front foot comes down at the same place in a repeatable motion. Homer overstrides, his front footfall varies and
he has difficulty with identical reps.
5) Both Cueto and Volquez are quick to the plate.
Homer is slow motion in comparison.
6) And there's more....
Homer's straight 98 is more hittable than Volquez's 97
and Cueto's 96, both of which move and are taken for strikes more often.
I haven't compiled the stats, but my guess is that
the average speed of all fbs thrown during a game
from each of the three is lowest for Homer.
This is belaboring the point, but to suggest HB has
potential in excess of C and V is more than a stretch,
The happiest people don't need the best of every-thing; they make the best of everything they have.
'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain.'
Last edited by Ga_Red; 04-06-2008 at 08:06 PM.