|04-10-2008, 08:38 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Questions for those smarter than me...
1. If it's so darned important to bunch the high OB guys in the Brewers lineup, why not just hit Kendall 1st??...color me unimpressed long-term with putting the pitcher 8th even though Kendall is off to a great start...
2. Am I the only RZ'er worried that Paul Bako is a bigger part of the success of Cueto's and Volquez' quick starts than management realizes and that he'll either be sent down or lose playing time when Ross comes back??...I've been so much more impressed with Bako behind the dish than Valentin (who IMO is awful calling games) and heck, the guy is rakin' at present...color me as wanting Valentin to be traded or released...Hatteburg serves as the LH pinch hitter (Valentin's poor from the RH side anyways, right??) and the "less cold" hand of Bako and Ross can catch...
3. Maybe it's silly optimism, but Mike Lincoln has pretty good stuff...can eat multiple innings even??...
4. Managerial "feel" is always subject to interpretation, but he's shown some aplomb in handling EE so far...didn't get too down on him for the early errors or struggles at the plate, gave him time off BUT then stuck him right back in the lineup...kudos to Dusty for that...
5. Even if Cueto and Volquez aren't quite as off the charts as they are now, how many NL rotations 1-7 (because everyone is going to need extra starts from some guys during the season) are better than the Reds???...and how long since we've been able to ask a question resembling that???...
6. It's a minor league question, but good gosh has the starting pitching in the system (prospect and otherwise) been incredible??...from Bailey to Thompson, to even Lehr and Shearn...cool...
7. Am I crazy for wanting a platoon of Keppinger/Votto at 1B leading off every night, with Patterson in the midst of a big-"bopping" middle of the lineup???
8. Of all the things to worry about, I don't feel worried about David Weathers...maybe I'm wrong...
Oh, and it's fun to "not suck" about right now...
You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
-William Gibbs McAdoo
Though many of us here are sure trying