|05-24-2011, 11:33 PM||#1|
Posting in Dynarama
Join Date: Sep 2000
I had some random Reds thoughts
It doesn't happen that often anymore and where else am I going to post them?
- I always figured Brandon Phillips would hit .300 at least once in his career. Call it the Mariano Duncan Theory (though Duncan did it twice). This could be that year.
- Jay Bruce is going to win an MVP award one of these years. He's pretty damn good right now.
- The Reds have a number of players and pitchers who overcame some major struggles/flaws on their way up the ladder. It's really a testament to the developmental folks. It's also a sign that Tim Naehring is long gone.
- One thought related to that: If the Reds are doing a good job of turning raw talents into players, then emphasize tools in the draft.
- Second thought related to that: The Yorman Rodriguez Project is still in its early days.
- What's the ETA on Brad Boxberger? Got to be soon. He's ridiculous in AA.
- And Josh Smith? Whoa. Best 20th round pick ever.
- I don't care what a team like the Reds theoretically should pay its closer, Francisco Cordero has done his job like a pro since he arrived. He's 3rd all-time in franchise history in saves and he'll probably have four of the top 10 single season saves totals in franchise history after this season concludes. I hope people have had the good sense to enjoy him.
- Jose Reyes may be on the market very soon ... I'm just saying.
- With the caveat that you should always worry about your starting pitching, I wouldn't worry overly much about the starting pitching. It's early and there's enough options in the majors and AAA for it to sort itself out.
- Joey Votto is quite a bit better than Albert Pujols at this moment in time.
- Has anybody calculated the Reds' record with and without Scott Rolen the past three seasons? I bet the difference is striking.
Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong
I'm witchcrafting everybody.
Last edited by M2; 05-24-2011 at 11:42 PM.