|08-01-2012, 11:59 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2001
Reds Top Prospects August 2012 Edition
Post deadline day:
1. Billy Hamilton SS/CF AA – The fact that Walt refused to include him in any blockbuster deals yesterday says it all- he is the future.
2. Robert Stephenson RHP A – Could work his way into Grade A territory (Top 25 Prospect) if he can finish out the year in Dayton with more outings like his debut.
3. Daniel Corcino RHP AA – Little Johnny Cueto should change his name to Daniel Cuetiño.
4. Tony Cingrani LHP AA – His last two outings haven’t been as dominant. Is the lack of offspeed stuff catching up to him?
5. Jesse Winker OF R – Best bat in the system. Would love to see him finish the year in Dayton.
6. Kyle Lotzkar RHP AA – Some may say this is too high given his lack of command. However the stuff is still sweet.
7. DiDi Gregorius SS AAA – I’ve liked him more in the past two weeks than ever before. If he can continue this pace the rest of the year, I’ll be a believer.
8. Henry Rodriguez 3B AAA – All he does is hit (and from both sides of the plate). He should get a long look in ST, at least as a utility guy if not a 3B.
9. Yorman Rodriguez OF A – The plate discipline is still concerning, but at least he’s started to hit. Still only 19.
10. Donald Lutz OF AA – He has started to hit in Pensacola, but will need to continue to mash as he is limited defensively.
11. David Vidal 3B AA – Blocked by Frazier and H-Rod, Vidal will have to mash in order to work his way to Cincy. Could wind up as trade bait.
12. Tucker Barnhart C AA – Still profiles well as a backup C despite his offensive struggles in Pensacola.
13. Jeff Gelalich OF R – Would like to see the sandwich pick hit more in Billings given his age, pedigree, and experience in the Pac 12.
14. Ryan LaMarre OF AA – Profiles well as a 4th OF. Should get to Louisville soon.
15. Ismael Guillon LHP R – Has looked great recently in Billings, may be time to see what he can do in Dayton.
ON THE RADAR (HONORABLE MENTION)
Kyle Waldrop OF A – A solid all-around OF in Dayton.
Seth Mejias-Brean 3B R – Has mashed in Billings since being drafted in the 8th round. Not sure what else he needs to do to get to Dayton.
Bryson Smith OF AA – While his tools and projection are fringy, he has done nothing but hit every step along the way.
Ryan Wright 2B A – A young Chris Valaika, hopefully he doesn’t hit the same ceiling.
Chad Rogers RHP A+ - Likely a future bullpen arm, he is one of the few interesting players in Bakersfield.
KEEP AN EYE ON (TOO EARLY TO TELL- AZL GUYS)
Nick Travieso RHP – This year’s first round pick would probably slot in the 5-7 range on the above list if/when he’s eligible.
Tanner Rahier 3B – Has struggled early in Arizona, but he has a very high ceiling.
Pedro Diaz RHP – The most interesting international player in Arizona.
Amir Garrett LHP – Still a very long term project, he has a very intriguing arm (and ceiling).
PROMOTIONS ON THE HORIZON
Ryan LaMarre to AAA
Seth Mejias-Brean to A
Jesse Winker to A
Ismael Guillon to A
Last edited by Benihana; 08-01-2012 at 01:03 PM.