Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: When life unravels all at once.

Re: When life unravels all at once.

Well I wasn't just gonna out you on redszone like that hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Likes:

kbrake (07-10-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Well I wasn't just gonna out you on redszone like that hahaha.
    Hahaha it is all good man. Life happens.

I can tell you about me.

In 2011, I did the stupidest thing I have ever done. I almost ended my life. My marriage was in its death throes (and oddly enough has not died yet, though it is in a coma). Without divulging too much information regarding circumstances, I ended up on medication with the side effect that it might make me have suicidal thoughts. I also stopped eating and sleeping for just about a week. No food. No sleep.

When I ended up in the hospital, the therapist I told this too asked me if I was on drugs, because she said she didn't think it was possible. Turns out it was. I sat on a Sunday, watching my daughter dance at a recital, and an hour after that, i was gobbling sleeping pills like they were tic tacs. The only thing that saved me was I had decided to have a last meal of sorts, got too full and passed out before finishing. It seemed so logical at the time.

And now, I cannot imagine feeling like that. I started running after I got out. every day I ran. I got up to 5 miles a day in the morning before work. I let go of everything. I stopped posting here for the most part. I accepted my circumstances and worked on trying to improve myself. You can't change another person. You can't change how they perceive you. You can change yourself, and from there let things unfold. Maybe your ex is right for you. Maybe she isn't, but you clearly are not right for you, at least not right now.

I did do one thing similar to you.. I asked for help here. And like you, I got an outpouring of help. Some are now facebook friends. Some I've spoken to on the phone. If you knew me, you'd know I'm not a "people" guy. I'm uncomfortable meeting and talking to people.

Getting an animal is a good idea. Lot's of exercise is a good idea. coed sports is a good idea. Make some friends outside your group of usual suspects. Stop focusing on "completing yourself" with another person. wake up early, get some breakfast and watch the sun rise.

Because it will rise. Every morning. And while some people will say the world each day is a better place with you in it, let me say something different.

Think of all the stuff you'll miss out on if you are not.

I almost missed out on my youngest daughter's first prom, my son graduating from Marine Boot Camp, and playing softball with my oldest daughter. I almost walked away from that. Now, I cannot fathom it. I'm off every medication i was on. I still see my therapist on occasion, but now it's like once every 3-4 months. I play ball, cook, and occasionally even exercise. Mostly I hang out with my kid, who happens to be my best friend. And I am perfectly ok with that.

Don't be so wrapped up in what you are not, and embrace what you are. Embrace what you want to do for you. Find the things, the little things that give you meaning. The rest will sort itself out, but you cannot be afraid to ask, or work for it. And you really need to know when to walk a way from a situation that does nothing but hurt you.

This was kind of rambling, but I hope it helps. feel free to PM me if you need to talk.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6. Likes:

919191 (07-14-2014),Always Red (08-10-2014),Benihana (08-02-2014),Boss-Hog (07-14-2014),BuckeyeRed27 (07-14-2014),dougdirt (07-14-2014),dubc47834 (07-15-2014),Hoosier Red (07-15-2014),jimbo (07-14-2014),kbrake (07-14-2014),klw (07-15-2014),Larkin Fan (07-16-2014),marcshoe (07-29-2014),mdccclxix (07-31-2014),Ravenlord (07-19-2014),Redhook (07-16-2014),RedlegJake (07-16-2014),Redsfaithful (07-29-2014),RichRed (07-15-2014),Rojo (07-15-2014),Roy Tucker (07-14-2014),SunDeck (08-03-2014),vaticanplum (07-14-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (03-16-2015)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

After reading thru this thread, I came to this conclusion. THERE ARE MANY GREAT PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. I seriously doubt that any other forum I am a member of has this many GOOD people!!! I know we bicker sometimes, but serious, I am glad to be a member here.

8. Likes:

Benihana (08-02-2014),Boss-Hog (07-18-2014),Hoosier Red (07-15-2014),kbrake (07-21-2014),klw (07-15-2014),mdccclxix (07-31-2014),RedlegJake (07-16-2014),Rojo (07-18-2014),Slyder (07-16-2014)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Posted a suicide note last night, and ended staying in the hospital overnight.

So, things are getting pretty rough.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

You must hang in there, friend. You must.

11. Likes:

mdccclxix (07-31-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Suicide isn't a way out. I'm glad you are still around and stayed at the hospital. That's a good step. Keep posting good steps. Steps that go forward. Steps that take you towards more happiness. Steps towards being healthy. You can do this. It's going to be tough. It's going to suck. But be strong. Step forward. There is good at the end of this tunnel.

13. Likes:

mdccclxix (07-31-2014)

Keep plugging away and reach out to anyone who can help in any way. Best thing I ever read or heard about suicide is that there is no reason not to procrastinate about it- it can always be done on another day. Always give yourself another chance to find something beautiful in life.

This may sound silly, but I think it can help:

Do you have Netflix? When I was 20 I had a period where I struggled, and I found watching old, familiar sitcoms therapeutic and helped keep my mind off of depressing and negative thoughts.

My favorite all time sitcom to watch when I am in a really bad place is "Wings"

"Three's Company" and "Cheers" are fantastic as well.

Cheers and Wings are both on Netflix, but if those aren't your bag there are a lot of old school sitcoms on there.

Just an idea.

16. Likes:

westofyou (07-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This may sound silly, but I think it can help:

Do you have Netflix? When I was 20 I had a period where I struggled, and I found watching old, familiar sitcoms therapeutic and helped keep my mind off of depressing and negative thoughts.

My favorite all time sitcom to watch when I am in a really bad place is "Wings"

"Three's Company" and "Cheers" are fantastic as well.

Cheers and Wings are both on Netflix, but if those aren't your bag there are a lot of old school sitcoms on there.

Just an idea.
    I'll second this idea. I went through a bad time in my life, and for whatever reason I started watching Cheers (the first episode). I continued to watch at least one a day, usually in the morning. The routine of it really helped. It does sound silly, but it really works. I liked the routine, I had something to look forward, even something as inconsequential as looking forward to another episode of a tv show, and it made me laugh.

18. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-04-2014)

Wonderful Monds, I haven't known what to suggest or say that hasn't already been said. A lot of amazing stories have been shared. But now I'm sure I'd like to suggest something very simple.

Think of 3 things you're grateful for every day.

It doesn't matter if you're grateful that a freaking bolder didn't fall from space onto your car because that's the only good thing you can think of that happened. Then do two more. Think about them whenever you like throughout the day. Fight the incorrect notion that nothing is worth being thankful for, that nothing is good, that nothing was good, will be good, etc.

Thinking about things you're thankful for is the most powerful tool to overcome stress and anxiety that I am aware of. I've been through a lot myself. Pull out of this and someday you can be damn sure you'll be thankful to be alive. It's a great gift, don't waste it.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-07-2014),UKFlounder (07-31-2014)

WM Hang in there my friend. There is not much else I can say that hasn't already been said on this thread, but seek help. Nothing is worth suicide. There WILL be better times ahead.

Kudos to everyone who has spilled their heart on this thread.
    Go BLUE!!!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Anyone heard from Wonderful Monds lately...it's been a bit since he posted. Hopefully all is well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Anyone heard from Wonderful Monds lately...it's been a bit since he posted. Hopefully all is well!!!
    He hasn't posted but he seems to be checking in. His profile shows that he was on Redszone last night. Hope he is doing ok.

24. Likes:

Always Red (08-10-2014),dfs (08-10-2014),dubc47834 (08-10-2014),Larkin Fan (08-10-2014),Roy Tucker (08-10-2014)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I don't come off the ORG very much, but I need to do so.

This thread has lifted me, personally, and opened my eyes to the innate goodness of the mostly anonymous folks on this board.

Wonderful Monds, hang in there, our baseball brother. 13 years ago, I was right there with you, wondering how I was going to get through the next hour, the next day. Time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds, my own wound is still there, more hidden and deeper though, yet I still think about it every single day, at some point or another. But it doesn't consume me anymore, as it once did. It stays in the background, even as it's always there, it's part of me, part of my own unique experience.

Can't wait to see you back on the ORG, dishing out and taking the snark with the best of them.

26. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-18-2014),bigredmechanism (08-12-2014),dubc47834 (08-10-2014),Falcon7 (08-17-2014),Hoosier Red (08-10-2014),IslandRed (08-10-2014),kbrake (08-11-2014),Red Raindog (08-11-2014),reds44 (08-12-2014),redsfanmia (08-10-2014),Roy Tucker (08-10-2014),villain612 (05-27-2015)

Turn Off Ads?