Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1218

Thread: What am I listening to? (Part II)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: What am I listening to? (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The National's new one is also incredible. Good couple of weeks for me - Grizzly Bear, The War on Drugs and The National all release epic albums.
    My top 3 albums of the year. I can't decide which of them is my favorite.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

New Lone Bellow record out today!

"I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

4. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (09-15-2017)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The National's new one is also incredible. Good couple of weeks for me - Grizzly Bear, The War on Drugs and The National all release epic albums.
    I've been listening to Sleep Well Beast for two weeks now and it's only gotten stronger. Instead of growing tired of certain tracks, the tracks I originally thought were just fine have become some of my favorite songs on here. I can't see this not being my #1 for 2017.

6. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (09-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I've been listening to Sleep Well Beast for two weeks now and it's only gotten stronger. Instead of growing tired of certain tracks, the tracks I originally thought were just fine have become some of my favorite songs on here. I can't see this not being my #1 for 2017.
    I feel like that's the sign of a great album. The songs grow on you instead of getting stale.

Started listening to Ariel Pink's "Dedicated to Bobby Jameson" this morning. It's great. A little less wacky and scattershot than previous efforts. Ever since I found out about his work with R. Stevie Moore, I've really learned to appreciate Ariel Pink. An odd (and supremely drug-addled) dude that seems to have a serious gift for melody.

Last edited by BillDoran; 09-15-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Carin From the Liquor Store might be my fave National track.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Eminem.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Anyone else going to see The War on Drugs at Express Live next Friday?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (10-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Yessir. Got a group of about eight coming from all points in Ohio.

13. Likes:

Ohayou (10-18-2017)

They call me "chef"

New Beck won't win any awards for originality but it's damn fun.

New APC!

November 18 Cleveland, OH Wolstein Center
    November 19 Highland Heights, KY BB&T Arena
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sun Kil Moon--Benji
    Harvey Milk--A Small Turn of Human Kindness
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 10-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Nope but for Indy 'Zoners they'll be at The Vogue in Broad Ripple on December 21st. I already bought a whole mess of tickets. I became a fan when I saw him there a couple years ago after not being all that familiar with his music. The guitars darn near blew the roof off the place...

I checked a concert off my bucket list this past Friday night. A buddy of mine and I had floor seats to see the Foo Fighters and it was awesome. I have always wanted to see them live, more just to see Dave Grohl play, but I love the band as well. Just a few thoughts from the concert:

It was my favorite rock concert I have ever been too. It put the Peral Jam concert to shame I went to years ago. They came out and played for an hour straight with no breaks, Grohl never went off stage until the encore break.

It was fun seeing Taylor Hawkins play the drums, even more impressive how long he has been with the band considering the lead singer may be the best drummer in the world. I was disappointed that Grohl didn't play drums, which some people said he is prone to do in concerts.

They said "My Hero" was for the "old Foo fans" I guess I really am getting old.

One thing that struck me is the entire band still seemed pretty humble. There was a moment when Grohl and Pat Smear were jamming together and it just led me to think what those two have been around in the rock/grunge world.

19. Likes:

ABEsolutely (10-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Yessir. Got a group of about eight coming from all points in Ohio.
    How was the show? I was stuck at work. Definitely plan on seeing them in Louisville Dec 20th, though.

Would love to see them as well. I consider Shiflett to be super cool.

Turn Off Ads?