Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2018-2019

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: College Basketball 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m a UK fan, but if Kentucky was in the same situation as Louisville you had better believe the NCAA would throw the book at Kentucky. I don’t think Kansas would get off either.

Tobacco Road is the only exception to the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny how Duke and Carolina skate ain't it? Hell, some IU fans are concerned about a few things with the FBI probe.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Funny how Duke and Carolina skate ain't it? Hell, some IU fans are concerned about a few things with the FBI probe.
    Dakich dedicateded an entire show to IU’s recruitment of this DeSilva kid and implicated that there were ties to a payment to Langford. He also said he’s heard from people he trusts in Bloomington saying they are tired of how the basketball program is operated. Probably just a shock jock talking but he should have coantacts in Bloomington.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dakich dedicateded an entire show to IU’s recruitment of this DeSilva kid and implicated that there were ties to a payment to Langford. He also said he’s heard from people he trusts in Bloomington saying they are tired of how the basketball program is operated. Probably just a shock jock talking but he should have coantacts in Bloomington.
    Well, I don't trust anything Dan has to say on his show. Nothing points to Archie(yet!), but there are some concerns about Crean's regime. Specifically a couple of assistants.......

Well, I don't trust anything Dan has to say on his show. Nothing points to Archie(yet!), but there are some concerns about Crean's regime. Specifically a couple of assistants.......
    Considering his brother is involved and he coached under him at Arizona, that would be concerning enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

College basketball is awful about getting the season started. Sure, Kentucky vs. Dook tonight will be big, but generally speaking you wouldn't even know college basketball was starting tonight. The lack of excitement/build up is amazing. Thanksgiving Week is great for college basketball, so maybe the season shouldn't start until then, when there are actually more than two games worth watching.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    College basketball is awful about getting the season started. Sure, Kentucky vs. Dook tonight will be big, but generally speaking you wouldn't even know college basketball was starting tonight. The lack of excitement/build up is amazing. Thanksgiving Week is great for college basketball, so maybe the season shouldn't start until then, when there are actually more than two games worth watching.
    ESPN doing away with the 24 hours of college basketball doesn’t help.

I kinda wish the Champions Classic wasn’t how to start the season. As for tonight, whoever makes the most threes between Kentucky and Duke wins. I look for Zion to be a non factor. If Duke wins, it’ll be RJ Barrett or Cam Reddish leading the way.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's too early. I can remember when the season started on Thanksgiving weekend. That is a better time to start. I was looking to see who else played tonight and it looks like just about everyone is playing. I think that hurts any build up too. If they wanted it start with a bang then the Champions Classic should be the only games to start the season. Make it unique at least.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-06-2018)

Go Hoosiers.....beat Chiraq St.

Whatever Duke paid to get Zion Williamson, it was worth it.

What a beat down.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-07-2018)

7 freshmen started in that UK-Duke game.

Zion Williamson is a cheat code.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-07-2018)

Bearcats and Buckeyes tonight. I think that's a good thing for Ohio basketball fans. I wouldn't mind seeing an 8-game tournament every year, including Cincinnati, Dayton, Xavier and Ohio State. Other Ohio schools can rotate in and out of the final four spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Zion Williamson is a cheat code.
    I wonder how Clemson is feeling right about now. Wasn't he all but signed, sealed and delivered to Death Valley?

19. Likes:

Chip R (11-07-2018),Revering4Blue (11-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bearcats and Buckeyes tonight. I think that's a good thing for Ohio basketball fans. I wouldn't mind seeing an 8-game tournament every year, including Cincinnati, Dayton, Xavier and Ohio State. Other Ohio schools can rotate in and out of the final four spots.
    Or just those four. Similar to the Crossroads Classic. All four are in different conferences.

Only problem is where to play. Indiana is easy because Indianapolis is neutral to everyone. I can’t see Ohio State wanting to travel to Cincinnati or both Cincinnati schools going to Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Or just those four. Similar to the Crossroads Classic. All four are in different conferences.

Only problem is where to play. Indiana is easy because Indianapolis is neutral to everyone. I can’t see Ohio State wanting to travel to Cincinnati or both Cincinnati schools going to Columbus.
    Butler is in Indy. But yeah, something to the Crossroads Classic would be great for Ohio......maybe they could play it in Cleveland?

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-07-2018)

Butler is in Indy. But yeah, something to the Crossroads Classic would be great for Ohio......maybe they could play it in Cleveland?
    True, but Butler is also the smallest of the schools and IU, Purdue, and Notre Dame fans would fill up the arena.

Cleveland doesn’t make logistical sense for any of the schools involved.

Turn Off Ads?