Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple's Steve Jobs has passed

-The Insider-

Apple's Steve Jobs has passed

There is a report on Twitter that Apple's former CEO, Steve Jobs, has died at age 56.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Apple's Steve Jobs has passed

Sad news.

Although I am not a huge Apple fan, he did a lot to transform how people live their lives today. One of the biggest innovators of our lifetime. The world is a better place thanks to his vision and efforts.

I hope Apple continues the tradition he put in place, it would be the perfect tribute.

ABC is breaking into programming.

Our house is FULL of apple products. Sad day indeed.

Sad day. RIP.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Very sad indeed. Our country's lost one of its best innovators. So sad that he was only 56.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Sad news, hopefully the company keeps doing what it is doing. Apple has grown amazingly over the past several years and has taken a legitimate chunk of the phone and computer world away from Bill Gates and others.

It's rare that I feel much when a famous person dies, but I find myself genuinely sad at this. He's truly one of the greatest Americans of the last 100 years and he will be missed. We need more like him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    It's rare that I feel much when a famous person dies, but I find myself genuinely sad at this. He's truly one of the greatest Americans of the last 100 years and he will be missed. We need more like him.

My sentiments exactly

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Steve Jobs is the rarest of rare people who not only saw a better world tomorrow but also had the drive, determination and smarts to actually make that better world a reality. I wish there were more people like him out there -- big dreamers who have the audacity to do more than just dream.

I'm genuinely sad to know that he's no longer out there thinking up the next thing that will make the world a better place.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The guy was a visionary, pure and simple. RIP Steve.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Love that logo.

His Stanford commencement speech is very motivating and I still watch it from time to time.

Obviously this is a sad day for everybody, but I was somewhat caught off guard by how young his family is. I guess he was only 56, but his youngest is only 13. Too bad.

It's sad that the man died at a relatively young age, and that he suffered through a horrible disease. But I don't get the cultlike outpouring of grief. Yes, the guy was visionary, but did he really enrich our lives to such a degree that we treat his death like a national day of mourning? Is he a great American visionary who brought about widespread social reform? Or did he just come up with things to sell us?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    It's sad that the man died at a relatively young age, and that he suffered through a horrible disease. But I don't get the cultlike outpouring of grief. Yes, the guy was visionary, but did he really enrich our lives to such a degree that we treat his death like a national day of mourning? Is he a great American visionary who brought about widespread social reform? Or did he just come up with things to sell us?
    By that standard, all John Lennon did was write some songs so that he could sell us all records.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?