Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Auburn losses against Clemson, LSU, Texas AM, Georgia, and Alabama

There swing game is Arkansas.

So 7-5 or 6-6
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You can't seriously believe Auburn will finish with those records.
    Yeah, I guess he overestimated them War Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Not being a homer, but we aren't going to lose to TAMU. Swing games are Arkansas AND Clemson. Clemson was a swing game with Sammy Watkins, and now he is out for the game. I think it is fair to say the losses are LSU, Georgia, and Alabama, but Clemson is not a sure loss.
    Still think Texas A & M is a sure win? They've got one week to pull it together. If they do, I'll tip my cap to them, but they looked horrible today in Nashville

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So which was it, injuries or a coach implosion?
    One thing Auburn does have going for it is that Auburn is not Tennessee. History says Auburn will be back challenging for an SEC championship within 2 yrs which is very reasonable especially if they can keep intact what will be their 4th straight top 10 recruiting class. I dunno, the Vols have been wallowing for half a decade and might wallow another 5 yrs if they ever even get back there....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I doubt it'll be that close. Bray will throw plenty of INTs so Alabama can score 50
    Do you really believe that it will be that bad? I'll freely admit that I underestimated Bray. It wasn't as much as I was down on Bray as I was thought highly of Tajh Boyd--still do.

Be that as it may, Bray has shown me that if given time, he's got the arm strength to make all the throws on the next level.

As a pocket passer, I can't understand why Matt Barkley is rated significantly higher than Bray. Barkley = Jimmy Clausen with better receivers from what I've seen.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

One thing Auburn does have going for it is that Auburn is not Tennessee.
    As someone with no dog in the hunt....I'd rather be Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not me. Auburn's next coaching staff will have a sweet shortcut.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I believe that Tennessee is the better job of the two. But I also believe that Auburn, should they make a change, stands a better chance of landing Petrino for the reasons Jojo already mentioned.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

One thing Auburn does have going for it is that Auburn is not Tennessee. History says Auburn will be back challenging for an SEC championship within 2 yrs which is very reasonable especially if they can keep intact what will be their 4th straight top 10 recruiting class. I dunno, the Vols have been wallowing for half a decade and might wallow another 5 yrs if they ever even get back there....
    No question about it, the Vols got big problems. At the very best they've wasted three yrs on this Dooley experiment which was quite ill advised. Were I an Auburn fan, I'd not take much comfort in knowing that I'm in a better position than UT but that's on you

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I believe that Tennessee is the better job of the two. But I also believe that Auburn, should they make a change, stands a better chance of landing Petrino for the reasons Jojo already mentioned.
    As a Tennessee alum I sure hope you're right. I want no part of Petrino in Knoxville

As a Tennessee alum I sure hope you're right. I want no part of Petrino in Knoxville
    All that winning does get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Do you really believe that it will be that bad? I'll freely admit that I underestimated Bray. It wasn't as much as I was down on Bray as I was thought highly of Tajh Boyd--still do.

Be that as it may, Bray has shown me that if given time, he's got the arm strength to make all the throws on the next level.

As a pocket passer, I can't understand why Matt Barkley is rated significantly higher than Bray. Barkley = Jimmy Clausen with better receivers from what I've seen.
    No question that Bray has better arm strength, size etc than Barkley but I've been disappointed in his gunslinger mentality and judgement. I think Bama's defense will force him into bad decisions. I think Bray still has the potential to be a nice NFL prospect but he definitely needs another yr in college. They won't tolerate much of this INT stuff at the next level.

As for coaching, I think they need to tell him that he doesn't have to go downfield all the time. Coach him to use checkdowns like RBs/TEs AND give him those targets. I've seen plays where they didn't have any checkdowns for him to consider. It's longball or nothing. But as a three star recruit coming out of California, Bray has been quite a find

But on paper, Vandy is a good team for the Tigers to get healthy on.... Vandy hasn't ran... the ball well...

Good call!!!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

All that winning does get old.
    Jerry Sandusky did a lot of winning too but there's more to life than that

Jerry Sandusky did a lot of winning too but there's more to life than that
    Bobby Petrino isn't exactly Jerry Sandusky.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    [/B]

Good call!!!
    Have you ever seen a team beg to be beaten as badly as Vandy begged today?

What was up with having Stacy try to throw the ball in the 4th quarter on 4th and short?

Franklin ain't the guy to get your guys over the hump.

Chizik is dead man walking. The next two days will be interesting. Rumbling suggests Loeffler might get axed. It would be completely out of character for Gogue, but I wouldnt be shocked if Chizik was sent packing this week.

Florida has 21 points with only 29 total yards.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?