Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Re: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Do you think they'll do it again when the US meets them in the Hex? You know Mexico likes to schedule their home games at Azteca during the day in the middle of summer so that the US has to deal with heat AND altitude.
    I hope so, but the fact we're already getting Jamaica makes it a bit less likely.

2. Turn Off Ads?

4-1 US in the 66th ... Hat trick for Donovan.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

5-1 now. Scotland looks utterly defeated. Donovan is having an amazing game.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

This is the best the Nats have looked in a long time. The inventiveness in the final third is probably the best it has ever been for the USMNT now with Klinsmann dictating strategy.

The effect he has had on how this team plays is absolutely breathtaking. Such a stark comparison to the Robobob era, Klinsmann is going to maximize this team's capability.

5-1 now. Scotland looks utterly defeated. Donovan is having an amazing game.
    US looks confident and quick. Good ball movement ... Better off the ball movement.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Anyone going to he US vs. Jamaica WCQ match on 9/11/12 at Columbus Crew Stadium?
    Yep, I'll be there. I live in Columbus and go to all the Crew matches. Last night was fantastic

Brazil is going to be a real test. They are bringing in a young squad, 20 of their players are Olympic eligible. In other words, these are highly talented young players who play in top leagues around the world who will be playing balls-out to try to carve out a spot for themselves on the full national side.

I wonder if the US will try to play the same way they played against Scotland... they may need to pull back a little bit more, will be interesting to see Klinsi's strategy vs. what they did versus the Scots.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Yep, I'll be there. I live in Columbus and go to all the Crew matches. Last night was fantastic
    When do the tickets go on sale?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    When do the tickets go on sale?
    Not sure

Do you think they'll do it again when the US meets them in the Hex? You know Mexico likes to schedule their home games at Azteca during the day in the middle of summer so that the US has to deal with heat AND altitude.
    What about Portland? Seattle? Salt Lake City? I'd say we could get solid home field and crappy weather in those places.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    What about Portland? Seattle? Salt Lake City? I'd say we could get solid home field and crappy weather in those places.
    Salt Lake City maybe. Seattle and Portland would definitely have a good home crowd feel, but they don't have the weather. My brother lived in Seattle for a while and raved about how mild the winters were after having lived in Ohio and Chicago. It rains there in the winter, but it's often more of a mist than a real downpour. Seattle also has field turf instead of real grass. Chicago would have sufficient bad weather in February, but they also have a large Mexican immigrant community who would come out for the game, similar to New England. Cleveland or Pittsburgh would be good, but I don't know if their football stadiums are wide enough for soccer. Columbus is ideal because they get cold weather, a good home crowd, and the USMNT gets results there. However, as WMR said, they might not get another game that soon after hosting Jamaica.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

However, as WMR said, they might not get another game that soon after hosting Jamaica.
    That's most of the reason I was proposing other places. Nashville can be completely hit or miss with the weather, but definitely has a decent home crowd field and has hosted several matches in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    That's most of the reason I was proposing other places. Nashville can be completely hit or miss with the weather, but definitely has a decent home crowd field and has hosted several matches in the past.
    Too bad the Vikings are building a roof on their new stadium. The Twin Cities would seem rather inhospitable for a cold weather game. Maybe if they get an MLS team, they'll build a soccer specific stadium that would be a great option.

Chicago should never host another USMNT match again. Last one there I think the crowd was 70% Honduras fans, 20% US fans, 10% empty seats

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am not a soccer guy, but I will watch the national team because I love my country and want to be better than everyone else. I will be tuning in in the next few minutes, hopefully it goes as well as last week did (I know, huge difference in competition..... but I can HOPE it happens).

Turn Off Ads?