Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Dorn

4 3.60%
  • Juan Duran

2 1.80%
  • Matt Fairel

1 0.90%
  • Josh Fellhauer

2 1.80%
  • Billy Hamilton

10 9.01%
  • Donnie Joseph

0 0%
  • Matt Klinker

2 1.80%
  • Sam Lecure

0 0%
  • Matt Maloney

32 28.83%
  • Devin Mesoraco

5 4.50%
  • Logan Ondrusek

1 0.90%
  • Miguel Rojas

0 0%
  • Mark Serrano

1 0.90%
  • Juan Silva

2 1.80%
  • Jordan Smith

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

39 35.14%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

3 2.70%
  • Chris Valaika

7 6.31%
  • other - name him

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #2 - Mike Leake
    Prospect #3 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect #4 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect #5 - Yorman Rodriguez
    Prospect #6 - Travis Wood
    Prospect #7 - Chris Heisey
    Prospect #8 - Zack Cozart
    Prospect #9 - Brad Boxberger

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Billy Hamilton. Huge upside and already a plus defender at shortstop goes a long way for me.

I chose Hamilton but strongly considered Neftali Soto. I love Hamilton's glove along with the potential in his bat. He's got a chance to be a star if he reaches his potential. I'll probably go with Soto next with Maloney and Klinker on the radar too. I'll also give Juan Silva some strong consideration in the next two spots, too.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 11-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Though it's an exercise in futility, I shall continue to vote Juan Silva until he's placed (ha ha). I love Silva's upside better than anyone left on the board. That's my vote until he gets the majority.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Though it's an exercise in futility, I shall continue to vote Juan Silva until he's placed (ha ha). I love Silva's upside better than anyone left on the board. That's my vote until he gets the majority.
    Curious as to what makes Silva's upside better than that of Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Billy Hamilton. Huge upside and already a plus defender at shortstop goes a long way for me.

I'll take Soto over Hamilton because I have trouble voting for a position player until he shows some hitting ability. Soto has shown it. Hamilton, not yet.

Given his athleticism and potential on defense, Hamilton will skyrocket on my chart once he shows some hitting ability. Until then, he's not in my top ten.

I'll take Soto over Hamilton because I have trouble voting for a position player until he shows some hitting ability.
    Agreed. Athleticism is nice, but what evidence do we have that he'll develop tangible offensive skills other than speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Agreed. Athleticism is nice, but what evidence do we have that he'll develop tangible offensive skills other than speed?
    What evidence do we have that Soto can ever learn to play defense? It kind of works both ways doesn't it?

What evidence do we have that Soto can ever learn to play defense? It kind of works both ways doesn't it?
    Don't know who said it, but the quote goes something like: "Shake a tree and 10 gloves will fall out. Guys that can hit are hard to find." The rare skills will always have a job.

I'll go with Soto. Best potential hitter left.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Don't know who said it, but the quote goes something like: "Shake a tree and 10 gloves will fall out. Guys that can hit are hard to find." The rare skills will always have a job.

I'll go with Soto. Best potential hitter left.
    Lots of guys can hit well and can't field and never get a chance. I mean can you really tell me that there is a good chance that Soto ever hits better than Danny Dorn has? Dorn is really on the outside looking in trying to find a spot on the Reds 40 man roster this offseason that is absolutely in question of whether he will even make it because he is seen as a guy who isn't even adequate defensively.

Lots of guys can hit well and can't field and never get a chance. I mean can you really tell me that there is a good chance that Soto ever hits better than Danny Dorn has? Dorn is really on the outside looking in trying to find a spot on the Reds 40 man roster this offseason that is absolutely in question of whether he will even make it because he is seen as a guy who isn't even adequate defensively.
    Guys that can hit some and can't field maybe have trouble making it to the big leagues. Guys that can really hit always get a chance. I always thought Soto was a guy who can really hit but last season dropped him down for me. I had him in the top 4 last year. This season will tell a tale for Soto but I'm betting last year was a bump in the road similar to what Votto had in the FSL. Dorn is a platoon guy but he's undervalued as well.

I also agree about guys who can really play SS, but the minors are filled with Gary Greens and Pablo Ozunas. I want to see some offense at a full season level from a guy like Hamilton. But he does have some promise, I just can't put him ahead of Soto or Dorn for that matter.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

What evidence do we have that Billy will ever throw to 1B any better than Encarnacion?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm still on Soto, but Silva's next. Don't give up.

Maloney. Major League ready, ERA of 4.87 for 7 starts and under 3 for his last 3 starts.

Maloney. I'm not really high on him; in fact, I think that, for all his problems, Kip Wells would be a better option for next year's rotation (actually I'm hoping Number 5 is a FA still out there elsewhere). But he is going to be a major league pitcher for somebody and probably at least a part-time starter. I'd like to have Soto higher. Hope next year he moves way back up our list.

Turn Off Ads?