Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    From what I've seen today, Auburn's QBs are pretty bad. I'm really surprised that Arkansas is winning, they looked awful the last few weeks. Florida-LSU and USC-Georgia should be great games.
    Removing Frazier was a huge mistake.

Frankly there is no reason why Auburn shouldn't be 4-1 with a couple of signature wins.

Arkansas was a bad team before the game and they're leaving town still a bad team. Barring some miraculous change there's going to be some big changes in the off season if not before the end of the season. Maybe Chizik survives but Loeffler is a deadman walking. Today was a home game coming off of a bye week facing the worst defense in the league.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've heard Chizik is done... could be Bobby P incoming...

Guess we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I've heard Chizik is done... could be Bobby P incoming...

Guess we'll see...
    This was a defining afternoon that was difficult to endure. But i'd be shocked if Petrino was even an option if the decision is made to make a move.

If I were Jay Jacobs, I'd be polishing my resume. He might be in big jeopardy-especially given the big three are down. If I was a betting man, I'd say Jacobs gets axed and Loeffler is a deadman walking. The new AD probably keeps Chizik for a year while "evaluating" the athletic department meaning GC basically has to put all of his marbles into 2013 while the powerbrokers try to pry Jimbo Fisher from FSU.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Florida beats LSU. BIG win for Muschamp.

Chizik was just outcoached by one John L. Smith. Think about that for a moment....

Go thru my last 10 post and everything I have said about Auburn is bearing fruit. Non Auburn football fans saw this coming. You cant hide poor coaching.

If Pat Dye says Chizik is staying, he is staying.

Lsu looked like it rather be at a crawlfish boil after halftime.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Chizik was just outcoached by one John L. Smith. Think about that for a moment....

Go thru my last 10 post and everything I have said about Auburn is bearing fruit. Non Auburn football fans saw this coming. You cant hide poor coaching.

If Pat Dye says Chizik is staying, he is staying.

Lsu looked like it rather be at a crawlfish boil after halftime.
    Look at a broken clock twice a day and it appears correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    One might have hope because they understand football and context and realize there is a lot of young talent and great coaches in the program as the Tubberville void is over being essentially recruited away although growing pains are still going to exist because game experience can only come from playing against guys who have already paid their dues. So one could have hope by being the alternative to a toothless, extra from the set of Deliverance who never attended the university affiliated with the football program that they derive their sense of self worth and identity from...

Again, I can't speak for every person who sees what Chizik is building and is excited but the above is just a guess that probably comes close for a good many people on the Plains.

Was today laying a turd that couldn't get over fast enough? Ya, it's tough to find any positive but it doesn't define the state of the program.
    What is positive in the program after Week 6 ? What is Chizik building here ?

It's shocking whenever a bammer predicts a 6 or 7 win season for Auburn-like they predict every year for Auburn regardless.

It's shocking that a bammer would try to gloat on the rare occasion their broken clock might reflect accurate time.

It's shocking whenever a bammer predicts a 6 or 7 win season for Auburn-like they predict every year for Auburn regardless.

It's shocking that a bammer would try to gloat on the rare occasion their broken clock might reflect accurate time.
    I said they would go 8-4 and there not even going to do that due to poor coaching. If its something else, then convince me instead of trying to be witty. Its an SEC discussion board. All teams will be discussed.

Sure glad to see Missouri really carrying their weight as WVU takes 10-15k fans to Austin to see WVU beat Texas!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Sure glad to see Missouri really carrying their weight as WVU takes 10-15k fans to Austin to see WVU beat Texas!
    I'm starting to think the real reason WVU didn't get an invite over Missouri was to water down the schedule with an easier win.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 10-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Go Gators!

The first two games I think exposed the inexperience as a real weakness. But Auburn frankly could have beaten Clemson. Clearly the talent is there. Today's game? It was a major flop. But MSU has a scary good secondary and Mullen basically made Frazier have to meat MSU. As tests go, Clemson and MSU were probably the worst possible match ups as the first two opponents this year. Neither team is unbeatable (especially MSU) but they were bad matchups especially for road games.

Unless something unexpected happens (injuries or Chizik implodes and loses the players), the Tigers are going to get much better each week.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    This was probably Auburn's worst since 2008 Vandy or the 3-2 victory vs Mississippi State. Loeffler is the problem. Its like Tony Franklin all over again. It would have not hurt to pull Frazier and see what a different QB can do. Its going to be a long season for Auburn.
    Advantage: 19braves77 . Kudos to you

The backup quarterback finally got cleared to play and we saw what he can('t) do.

Now go back to Frazier and let him take his lumps as he transitions from a spread to a proset.

I'd say calls for Moseley when his shoulder wouldn't allow him to throw the ball with any authority were dead wrong and calls for Moseley now are dead wrong. The Tigers had a better chance to win if Frazier starts the second half. Moseley is no where near close to the QB of the future. Frazier very well might be.

There are three choices. Let Moseley take the reins and essentially gain nothing, try to hodgepodge a spread attack to play for this season to put Frazier in the best possible chance to succeed now or continue to let Frazier and an extremely young line take their lumps and perfect a pro-set offense to position the team to succeed for the long term. The latter is the correct path for the future.

A broken clock only has an advantage when it ignores context-i.e. the other 22 hours of the day. There hasn't been a college program that transitioned from the spread to a proset without some painful lumps. It's hard. And it's really hard with a freshman lineman and an inexperienced QB who has never played a proset in his life.

Loefler very well may get fired but it's myoptic to pin everything on him.
    Last edited by jojo; 10-08-2012 at 09:52 AM.

I guess ole John L. still holds a grudge against UK for beating him to open his last season at Louisville. He and his boys certainly took out some frustrations on them yesterday. God had enough and sent in the lighting after about 40 minutes. More evidence of a merciful God.

Just kill me now. How can we be so bad?

Turn Off Ads?