Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: darn you carnivores;)

darn you carnivores;)

Ok, so Saturday afternoon, I went to lunch with a friend. We ordered a nacho appetizer. We clearly told the waiter it was the vegetarian black bean nacho, not the steak chili bean nacho. Well, guess which one showed up

My friend eats meat, so rather than send it back and risk someone spitting in my entre, I just sat there and watched him feed his face. We never said anything to the waiter about it, just ate, paid the bill and left. He received a full 20% tip for getting the order wrong.

This afternoon, the same friend and I went to lunch again (different place) and I ordered a veggie burger. About three bites in, I thought that I detected a slight taste of bacon I thought, this can't be, because what would swine be doing on a veggie burger. As I looked down on my plate, there was a very small piece of bacon just sitting there. I nearly threw up. Once again, I didn't say anything. Simply paid the bill and left after he got done eating. Once again, waitress received a full 20% tip for a screwed up order.

I realize things like this happen, so that is why I really don't make a big stink about it. However, it's very annoying. Anyway, not really a point to this story, just wanted to vent a bit and tell you carnivores to stop pushing your flesh on me. We're not all cavemen:

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: darn you carnivores;)

20% tip seems excessive. If I ordered a big, juicy, tasty steak only to have the waitress bring me a plate of brown "meat-flavored" tofu, I would not only have it sent back, I would leave a peice of paper on the table that says:

Tip: Get my order right next time.

We're not all cavemen
    BTW, meat is so easily prepared a caveman could do it.
    Witty signature.

I don't think I could live without meat.

Mmmmm steak

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

My wife and I had dinner at the Precinct last night because I'll be back on the road this morning. Words cannot describe that steak. Mmmmmmmmmmm. You don't know what you're missing. By the way, I do like my vegetables, but I want something dead to keep them company on the plate.

RiC, darlin, I'm going to be in Chicago in a few weeks to hang with some friends for the weekend.

I think we need to meet and have an assertiveness training session.

You don't have to be nasty about it, but it's the restaurants mistake. It's silly for you to not eat, pay for it, and tip.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Ok, so Saturday afternoon, I went to lunch with a friend. We ordered a nacho appetizer. We clearly told the waiter it was the vegetarian black bean nacho, not the steak chili bean nacho. Well, guess which one showed up

My friend eats meat, so rather than send it back and risk someone spitting in my entre, I just sat there and watched him feed his face. We never said anything to the waiter about it, just ate, paid the bill and left. He received a full 20% tip for getting the order wrong.

This afternoon, the same friend and I went to lunch again (different place) and I ordered a veggie burger. About three bites in, I thought that I detected a slight taste of bacon I thought, this can't be, because what would swine be doing on a veggie burger. As I looked down on my plate, there was a very small piece of bacon just sitting there. I nearly threw up. Once again, I didn't say anything. Simply paid the bill and left after he got done eating. Once again, waitress received a full 20% tip for a screwed up order.

I realize things like this happen, so that is why I really don't make a big stink about it. However, it's very annoying. Anyway, not really a point to this story, just wanted to vent a bit and tell you carnivores to stop pushing your flesh on me. We're not all cavemen:
    Yeah, stand up and fight for your right to munch on vegetables. No way I'd leave a full tip if I'm the guy who had a baconless bacon cheeseburger two tables away.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    RiC, darlin, I'm going to be in Chicago in a few weeks to hang with some friends for the weekend.

I think we need to meet and have an assertiveness training session.

You don't have to be nasty about it, but it's the restaurants mistake. It's silly for you to not eat, pay for it, and tip.
    I agree with creek. You need to simply say "This isn't what I ordered." Most restaurants will fix their mistakes, if you speak up.

If you're concerned about them spitting in your food, which I can't believe they would do at a quality establishment where they want people to come back, just ask them to take it off the bill. If they ask you if you want something else, say "No thank you." I did that once when I found a hair in my food. Once I find something like that in my food, I'm done and can't eat anything else for the rest of the meal. I've just told them to take it off the bill and left the server something for their trouble.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    I agree with creek. You need to simply say "This isn't what I ordered." Most restaurants will fix their mistakes, if you speak up.
    Yes, as long as you do it nicely.

As for "carnivores", that term has always bugged me when used in this context. We're omnivores, not carnivores. Besides, the antonym of "carnivores" would be "herbivores", not "vegetarians."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

But you gotta understand.......Vegetarians are pacifists.

They don't complain at restaurants. They're afraid to upset the cosmic balance.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    But you gotta understand.......Vegetarians are pacifists.

They don't complain at restaurants. They're afraid to upset the cosmic balance.
    BS..screw the cosmos if you put bacon on something I order.

This guy hasn't ate meat in over 15 years and if that happened to me I'd scream bloody murder.... oh and I'm in Cincinnati and I drove around last night looking for anything not meat.

Taaa daaaaa Indian food.... they never mess up the vegi order... never.

I was vegetarian for three years because I was bored, and the same thing happened to me all the time. Then, I moved to Germany and decided being vegetarian wasn't worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    BS..screw the cosmos if you put bacon on something I order.

This guy hasn't ate meat in over 15 years and if that happened to me I'd scream bloody murder.... oh and I'm in Cincinnati and I drove around last night looking for anything not meat.

Taaa daaaaa Indian food.... they never mess up the vegi order... never.
    I was hoping you'd read that.

I dated a vegetarian for three years, and she'd get pretty riled up about stuff like that.

I totally get it, but I just like to poke fun.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I like the saying "If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them so tasty."

This makes me want to grill burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Yes, as long as you do it nicely.

As for "carnivores", that term has always bugged me when used in this context. We're omnivores, not carnivores. Besides, the antonym of "carnivores" would be "herbivores", not "vegetarians."
    There are lots of -vores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vores
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?