Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    My wife totally freaked out when we got home because our house "wasn't as clean as the hospital."

I cooked for the first couple weeks, so the food was on par.
    My in-laws freaked because we had a midwife deliver our child, the nurses weren't wearing gowns and masks, and the hospital room wasn't all white with bright lights. They kept calling my cell phone every half-hour while we were in the delivery room.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    My in-laws freaked because we had a midwife deliver our child, the nurses weren't wearing gowns and masks, and the hospital room wasn't all white with bright lights. They kept calling my cell phone every half-hour while we were in the delivery room.
    Yeah, we had some of the same reaction from relatives. It was like we invited a witch doctor to deliver the kid.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Nothing prepares you for the gooshiness of birthing.

My wife has long said if you have any sense of shyness, it is forever wiped away by giving birth. There you are in all your glory and it's like Grand Central Station with all the people coming and going.

Her biggest tip is wear socks.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like guys take alot of the heat from families?
    Ex. how could you have impregnated our precious little girl/grand daughter/etc.

Outside the family blames the girl though I'd say. Kinda weird how that works.

Thanks for all of the advice, i'm starting to feel a little better about the situation. I know its all going to work out, its just a big shock to me, and it still hasn't fully kicked in yet. It's so strange... I'm going to have a kid, but I still feel like one at the same time.

I really feel for those that have kids at a very young age... 13-14. Even 16-18. At least I'm out of high school. Couldn't imagine dealing with that.
    You'll understand if yours is a girl! (btw, the boy's parents blame the girl)

It's okay... better to have em young! you'll be 38 when the kid is 18. My kids wont be out of the house til I am in my 50's.

She had a miscarriage last night.

This sucks so bad.... we were so excited, I can't believe this happened to us.

She is taking is really hard... I don't know how to make it better.

That's terrible, really sorry to hear about that.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sorry to hear that. Not that it should make you two feel better but miscarriages are not uncommon the first time a woman is pregnant. Both my sisters had them the first time around and my younger sister has had 2 kids and my older sister one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I am so sorry to hear that, TS. I've been there before, several times in fact, and it's never easy. There's nothing you can do to make it better. All you can do is try to keep her positive, comfort her, and try to get her through this rough, rough time. My prayers are with you and her. Again, I'm so sorry to hear that. Try to give her some space to think things out, but be there for her if she needs anything.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I am very sorry to hear this.

You can't make it better. The only thing you can do for her is be there for her.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Dude - so sorry to hear this.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Sorry to hear this, TS.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Oh, I am so sorry TeamSelig. The others are correct...there really is nothing you can do to make it better. It is something that each parent has to deal with in their own way. Just be there to support her in what ever way she indicates that she needs you. And, don't neglect your own feelings either. Just because it's not happening to your body, doesn't lessen your own grief. I had a miscarriage in 2005 early into my first pregnancy as well. Most women will blame themselves thinking that they did something to cause it, which is very rarely the case. A miscarriage is nature's way of saying that something was just not right and was not meant to be. An early miscarriage does not mean that the woman will have future problems with conception or pregnancy. After my miscarriage, the doctor advised waiting a couple of months before trying again. We did, and then we got pregnant the first month we tried again. We now have a beautiful 10 month old daughter.

I've been in your shoes before TS.

Hang with 'em.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

You guys have my sympathies, TeamSelig.

As many others have said, just be there for her. Try not to dwell on what happened; it's a pretty common occurrence. Just be supportive of each other and move ahead one day at a time.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?