Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

BTW, I would call up Dickerson and move EE to LF.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Interesting. How long do the players have to stay in the league they're traded to before being moved to a league they've played in?

Err...if that makes sense.
    It makes sense, but I don't know the answer.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Jarrod Parker better be one of the prospects.
    I've also been seeing Max Scherzer's name mentioned here as well. Are you guys really THAT delusional? There's no way in the world that Arizona gives up top of the line prospects for a 1-2 month rental. None.

I'll keep an open mind for now because we don't know who the 2 PTBNL are going to be. But the only real question is whether these 3 players are going to be better options than the 2 draft picks had we held onto Dunn. I have no problem with the Reds letting him go if they'd decided not to resign him. That's been the big question all year. Now we've got the answer. Time to move on and get some defensive minded players that can hit for average and have above average speed. You don't need abundant power to knock it out of our small park. The dingers will come. I want the batting average.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Guys, we weren't gonna get much of a return for a month and a half for Dunn, but why didn't Walt just take the picks if he is gonna get 2 PTBNL?
    he must have liked who they offered.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    What do you mean by "wait and see"?
    For the first time in God only knows how long, there appears to be some semblance of a plan in the works. And for an organization that's been a dog for as long as the Reds have been, it's long overdue. Wait and see means you do just that before "drawing and quartering" Walt as you suggested.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    So, if the two PTBNL have to clear waivers, then they have to come from this group of players on the D-Back 40 man but not in the Majors, since a PTBNL can't be traded to a league he's played in before:

Pitchers
    * 62 Emiliano Fruto
    * 58 Juan Gutierrez
    * 44 Micah Owings
    * 36 Jailen Peguero
    * 39 Max Scherzer
    * 65 Esmerling Vasquez

Catchers
    * 60 Wilkin Castillo
    * 7 Robby Hammock

Infielders
    * 61 Javier Brito
    * -- Josh Whitesell

Some of these players can't be sent directly to Cincinnati, since they have experience in the NL, but they can be sent to Louisville. Since Arizona's AAA team plays in the PCL it's likely these players have never played in the International League.

Right, but couldn't they also be, as was said earlier, 2007 draftees who haven't been signed for a full year? It's very possible that the Reds could get a Jarrod Parker plus someone who had to clear waivers.

So this list is only partial in terms of the possibilities here.

Maybe they can get Owings to play LF on his days off.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    So, if the two PTBNL have to clear waivers, then they have to come from this group of players on the D-Back 40 man but not in the Majors, since a PTBNL can't be traded to a league he's played in before:

Pitchers
    * 62 Emiliano Fruto
    * 58 Juan Gutierrez
    * 44 Micah Owings
    * 36 Jailen Peguero
    * 39 Max Scherzer
    * 65 Esmerling Vasquez

Catchers
    * 60 Wilkin Castillo
    * 7 Robby Hammock

Infielders
    * 61 Javier Brito
    * -- Josh Whitesell

Some of these players can't be sent directly to Cincinnati, since they have experience in the NL, but they can be sent to Louisville. Since Arizona's AAA team plays in the PCL it's likely these players have never played in the International League.
    Aside from Scherzer, Micah Owings and Josh Whitesell are the two I like the most out of that group.

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    Jarrod Parker, the first round pick of DBacks last year signed on Aug. 15, 2007 so he can't be traded yet, can he?
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He'll party in the pool after the games and drive around town in a 1967 lime green Eldorado with longhorns on the grill and when he beeps the horn it will play Arizona by Paul Revere and the Raiders.

He'll be a legend by October.
    Dunn is a perfect fit for Phoenix. The team and the town.
    Pennant or bust!

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    But the only real question is whether these 3 players are going to be better options than the 2 draft picks had we held onto Dunn.
    The players we receive are likely to be cheaper, that much is certain.

Time to move on and get some defensive minded players that can hit for average and have above average speed. You don't need abundant power to knock it out of our small park. The dingers will come. I want the batting average.
    I'd prefer we sign players that allow us to score more runs than our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    This is a shockingly inaccurate statement.

You don't know what the return is. No one on this board does.

How can you say it is bad?

Because we don't know yet.

All they can give us is:

"We traded a player that hit 270 homers for us, but we can't tell you who we've accquired..."

Do you honsetly believe that the two players are going to be anything of value?

You know what? I don't need to really logically justify my emotions right now.

I'm pissed. Plain and simple.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've also been seeing Max Scherzer's name mentioned here as well. Are you guys really THAT delusional? There's no way in the world that Arizona gives up top of the line prospects for a 1-2 month rental. None.

I'll keep an open mind for now because we don't know who the 2 PTBNL are going to be. But the only real question is whether these 3 players are going to be better options than the 2 draft picks had we held onto Dunn. I have no problem with the Reds letting him go if they'd decided not to resign him. That's been the big question all year. Now we've got the answer. Time to move on and get some defensive minded players that can hit for average and have above average speed. You don't need abundant power to knock it out of our small park. The dingers will come. I want the batting average.
    Looks like Juan Pierre will be available this off-season...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Because we don't know yet.

All they can give us is:

"We traded a player that hit 270 homers for us, but we can't tell you who we've accquired..."

Do you honsetly believe that the two players are going to be anything of value?

You know what? I don't need to really logically justify my emotions right now.

I'm pissed. Plain and simple.
    ditto.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    For the first time in God only knows how long, there appears to be some semblance of a plan in the works. And for an organization that's been a dog for as long as the Reds have been, it's long overdue. Wait and see means you do just that before "drawing and quartering" Walt as you suggested.

I'll wait and see until they start signing guys like Moises Alou and keeping David Weathers and Kent Mercker around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?