Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What college did you go to and what did you major in?

Re: What college did you go to and what did you major in?

The Ohio State University, B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, 1989

It generally prepared me for this life I lead, but mostly in a different capacity than I thought it would. Still look back on those days oh so fondly....

My job is still technical in nature, but interacts with about every aspect of our business imagineable, which is what made I.S.E (as it was at the time) such a good background for me.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    Ohio University
    Journalism

Somehow managed to graduate from there in four years. With good grades even!
    Ohio University was on my shortlist of schools, and my cousin (same age as I am) and I drove up to check it out together. One of the pamphlets they gave us had a rundown of the vital stats etc. of the school. There was something like 20,000 undergrads there at the time...and 120,000 living graduates.

My cousin read this to me in the car, then paused for a second, then said, "Um...doesn't that seem like a pretty low number of graduates for that big of a school?" In other words, any recent five-year span of students pretty much equaled the number of people of reasonable age who had graduated. We were a little more baffled as to why they chose to advertise this I mean, I don't think a school HAS to say how many living graduates it has.

So you're definitely deserving of congratulations. But isn't OU's journalism school one of the best around? Hopefully that program turns out a fair amount of graduates.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Ohio University was on my shortlist of schools, and my cousin (same age as I am) and I drove up to check it out together. One of the pamphlets they gave us had a rundown of the vital stats etc. of the school. There was something like 20,000 undergrads there at the time...and 120,000 living graduates.

My cousin read this to me in the car, then paused for a second, then said, "Um...doesn't that seem like a pretty low number of graduates for that big of a school?" In other words, any recent five-year span of students pretty much equaled the number of people of reasonable age who had graduated. We were a little more baffled as to why they chose to advertise this I mean, I don't think a school HAS to say how many living graduates it has.

So you're definitely deserving of congratulations. But isn't OU's journalism school one of the best around? Hopefully that program turns out a fair amount of graduates.

My father was a graduate... I was even born there.

As a student I lasted 10 weeks there and then fled like a Parisian in 1940.

Montana State University - Business Management
    move in tomorrow for my first year

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post

I've never seen that stat in the school's literature, but that's pretty funny. It's probably higher these days (I would hope, anyway).

The journalism school is (allegedly) one of the best around, and from what I hear it's getting new facilities soon. I happen to work with a lot of OU grads, none of whom I knew in college, and I've run into quite a few OU journalism grads at various work-related conferences, events, etc. So from my perspective, the program turns out a lot of graduates. No idea if that's actually true or not.

Turn Off Ads?