Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micahel Bourn

Micahel Bourn

The Reds have expressed interest in the Astros' centerfielder, Michael Bourn. Michael is earning $4.4MM this year. At this point this year Bourn is batting 306 with a .367 OBP. If the Reds make a trade for him the leadoff spot would instantly be solved, dropping Stubbs lower in the lineup. You could also have Phillips in the #2 spot. Bourn would be a big improvement over Stubbs at the top of the order, with 85 strikeouts this season far less than Drew's 135. Also, with Stubbs lower in the lineup you add power and speed to the bottom of the lineup to go along with Ramon Hernandez. So, I would welcome Michael with open arms, he would be a huge improvement in the lineup.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Micahel Bourn

we'll see

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

If the rumors are true and we are targeting a package of Bourn and Pence, it would probably take Stubbs/Alonso/Wood or Volquez + something else. Hefty price to pay.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    If the rumors are true and we are targeting a package of Bourn and Pence, it would probably take Stubbs/Alonso/Wood or Volquez + something else. Hefty price to pay.
    + u only get bourn until next yr

Bourn is under control until 2014 Pence untill 2013...... Stubbs would be traded not dropped in order

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    yeah that's true, but i would love Bourn in Cincy along with Pence

I'd love to add Bourn... but not at Stubbs expense.

Bourn-Stubbs-Bruce would be an amazing OF.

Wonder how much it would take to land a package of Bourn+Wandy?

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Bourn is under control until 2014
    no unless everything im reading is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

+Wandy?
    y would you want him?

Wonder how much it would take to land a package of Bourn+Wandy?
    yep, those three in the outfield would be awesome! If Volquez could get his head screwed on maybe we wouldnt need Wandy.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    no unless everything im reading is wrong
    yeah Bourn will be a free agent after 2012

Gold glove defense. Amazing speed. (61 and 52 SB; sitting at 39 now) .367 OBP... perfect to clog the bases for Votto. I think Bourn fits in well. We could use a power hitter but to be honest, anybody that gets on base at a healthy clip in front of Votto will produce runs.

If you were talking about Wandy.... I just read that the Stros are looking to dump his contract. He's had a low 3 ERA consistently for the past few years, so he is a good pitcher. I'm all for having good starters in our rotation.

It will be intersting to see what other teams gave up when the trading deadline is gone past and these two guys and others are traded and not one of them to the Reds. It is then when we will know what type of GM we have.

Gold glove defense. Amazing speed. (61 and 52 SB; sitting at 39 now) .367 OBP... perfect to clog the bases for Votto. I think Bourn fits in well. We could use a power hitter but to be honest, anybody that gets on base at a healthy clip in front of Votto will produce runs.
    I agree Bourn would fit in nicely, i think Todd Frazier could supply some power, but we do need a power hitter too

Turn Off Ads?